Ch. 18 ( A different path )

AN: This is a two parter chapter btw. I was considering just doing the whole chapter but it was a lot so I'm splitting it up. 👌🏻

Rhi's POV.)

I was sound asleep in my sorta comfy bed..I was having a nice, sweet dream that I never wanted to wake from.. I was dreaming about my family and friends. But mostly Cole..I was gazing into those beautiful chocolate brown eyes of his as the door gets slammed open making me jump up.

"How dare you steel from me!" Ghaz yells grabbing my wrist.

I jump startled from the sudden noise."What are you talking about?!" I say scared.

"You know what I'm referring too." He Says with a harsh glare.

My eyes go a bit wide realizing what he was referring too. The dust I took from him which allowed me to see what I wanted..I sigh grabbing it from inside my pillow, and hold it out towards him. He quickly takes it from me and glares. I look to my feet scared of what was going to come next.

"I'm sorry I..I really miss him and I just wanted to make sure he was ok." I say softly and sad.

"Well sometimes sorry doesn't cut it!" He yells as he puts his hand up and his claws appear. I shut my eyes quickly waiting for the blow but it never comes. My eyes slowly open to only look up and see his hard glare fade to just a face of nothing. He lowers his arm and turns to leave.

"Wait!" I Say not thinking.

"What?" He snaps.

"Um..is there training today..?" I Say not really knowing what else to say.

"Maybe...but you still have to practice. So you better be out there in 10 minutes or you will walk out there with a nasty scratch across that pretty face of yours." He says then slamming the door shut behind him.

"Jeez.." I sigh quickly getting what I need, changing clothes, and heading out the door. I walk through the base in dead silence, no sound is made what so ever.

"This is weird.." I Say under my breath. I pick up my paste a bit hoping to get out soon. I take multiple quick turns, left and right finally eyeing the exit. My feet automatically move faster wanting to reach my destination, but I stop as I hear a faint voice coming from an open door. I stick myself to the wall not wanting my presence to be known.

"Happy Birthday Lyrah.." Ghaz Says with a sad voice.

Who's Lyrah? I say to myself in my head. I hear him sigh and start to get up. I sprint past the door before he saw me and went outside. I bolted for the training area knowing he'd be headed there...

(Cole's POV.)

I was leaving my first class for the day headed to the next. This was my first day back at school since..Rhi..I was slowly making emotional progress, but once I came back here it felt like the day after it happened. I just kept getting reminded of her everywhere I looked. It hurt..really bad. The team though has been super helpful to me and Lloyd. I was brought out of my thoughts by a small tap on my shoulder. I turn around seeing a girl with brown hair, dark pink tips down in two lose braids. She had honey brown eyes that were covered by glasses, and flawless white skin. It wasn't caked up by all the make up the rest of the girls wear.

"Hm?" Was all I managed to get out.

"Hi I'm, Pyper and are you Cole? Cole Brookstone." She says calmly.

I sigh. "Yeah..that's me." I try to smile but fail miserably.

"You were friends with Rhianna Ridge? Correct."