Waiting all night

It's not long before Tuesday rolls around and mom is helping me pick an outfit out to wear.

"No, no, not that, definitely not that" mom says as she roots through my closet, I'm currently lying on my bed exhausted from trying on about 100 different outfits.

"Try this one on please," Mom says as she hands me yet another set of clothes, I get up off the bed and go to the bathroom to get changed. I put on the pair of high waisted maroon trousers and the white shirt before tucking it into to them. I step out and look into the mirror.

"It's missing something," Mom says while also looking at me, I have an idea so I go to my closet and grab a pair of suspenders before attaching them on.

"perfect" I sign to mom, she just smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"I'm so proud of you sweetie, and so would your parents," she says kissing me on the top of the head

"I'm so proud of you sweetie, and so would your parents," she says kissing me on the top of the head. My hand goes to my necklace on the mention of my parents and I hold the charm in the palm of my hand.

"Thanks mom," I say smiling sadly at her. We finish off getting ready and meet up with Maddie and Ryder before heading off to the stadium. No one says a word the whole car ride, everyone's too nervous to speak to each other. Once we get there I'm met with Nick waiting for me at the door.

"You ready for this?" He asks me as he puts his hands on my shoulder. I sign to him and let Maddie speak for me.

"she said as ready as she can be," Maddie says linking her arm with me, I send her a grateful smile.

"There's a room full of reporters in there waiting, I'm going to go in and say we have a new signing and then you can walk into the room once you hear your name" Nick explains to me I nod my head listening to the instructions he's given me.

"By the way, the girls are sitting at the back so if you get nervous just look at them and you'll be fine. There's a translator in there already." I smile at that, I'm glad the girls are there to support me, they all know how much it means to me. Nick leads my family and friends around the back to sit with the girls while I wait by the side door. I'm pretty nervous about how this is all going to go, what if I get a bunch of hate because I use sign language to communicate, will they, not think I'm good enough to play professionally. I'm pulled out of my thought by the loud cheering and the doors opening next to me. I walk in and head straight towards a smiling Nick, he gives me a quick hug before sitting down so I follow suit. The questions soon start flying in.

"How do you feel about playing for one of the biggest woman's team?" A youngish man asks me. I smile before replying.

"Honoured is the first word that comes to mind, I'm extremely grateful that this club has given me a chance to fulfil my dream of playing professionally" I reply signing, and letting my interceptor reply for me.

"It says that you have no experience playing football at a high level, do you think this will affect your performance," Someone else asks me, it's a valid question so I can't really be mad about it