It's not you it's me

"Alright Ladies, away team have first pick. Head or tails?" The ref asks I show Maddie the number two and she nods her head.

"Tails," Maddie says to the ref he nods his head and flips the coin in the air, it lands on the floor with tails facing up.

"Tails it is, do you want kickoff," The man asks us, I nod my head and he blows the whistle signalling to everyone to get into position for the start of the game. I turn towards my team and sign 'I believe in you' which is something I taught them all. The funny thing is the opposite thing we have some secret code and are talking trash because the girls always sign back to me 'lead us to the top captain' something Maddie decided to teach the girls when I wasn't looking. I look directly at Maddie and sign that I want to ball straight away.

The whistle blows and Maddie passes the ball straight to me as I asked, I pass it back across my midfield while I wait for either Maddie or Amy to make a run, I spot Amy making a clear run out the middle so I send a high ball directly to her feet and just like I guessed she spots Maddie's run straight away, she sends her the ball on the volley, Maddie controls the ball down to her feet and dribbles it past a defender. She's one on one with the goalie and easily sends a rocket into the top corner putting us up 1-0 in under 3 minutes. I run to Maddie and jump in her back messing up her hair a little

"Great pass by the way," Maddie says smirking at me

"Thanks, I guess your goal was good too," I say sarcastically at her, she's used to my sarcastic nature by now so knows that I'm only joking. We all run back towards our half getting ready for kick-off again, I turn to look at Amy ahead of me.

"Fantastic pass Amy" I sign to her, she smiles shyly at me, Amys one of our youngest players and only joined over the summer but she deserves to start today and I think that assist says it all.

We carry on the rest off the half, neither team scoring any goal but both having a couple of opportunities, as I start to get back into the came my speech comes back and I start shouting some instructions out to my players, it feels great to have my voice back even if it is only for 90 minutes. The ref blows the whistle for half time and everyone head back into the locker room. We all get a quick drink when Coach comes in to speech to us.

"Well done girls, that early goal was fantastic great play from all three of you ladies, we may be ahead but it's not over yet we only have the lead by a goal so we need to go out there just as aggressive." Coach Micheal says to the team everyone nodding there head in agreement.

"Captain" Coach says signalling for me to speak, I nod my head and get stand up from my seat.

"We are playing amazing girls, we need to use our wings more, we are not testing that left side enough I want some more crosses to be sent from that side. Amy fantastic visions in that first goal and you too Daisy I can see your put-ting lots of pressure on the defence a-nd making the-em r-run" I say speaking to them all but near the end, my stutter comes back so I stop my speech and nod towards Maddie.

"Alright, ladies your hear the captain. Team in 3" She shouts to the great of the girls.

"1,2, Team!" everyone chants together. We all head back onto the pitch and get in our position, I notice the keeper is off her line talking to the defence which gives me an idea.

"Maddie I need you to roll the ball a little to the side but keep it on the mid line, I'm going to try something" I sign to her she looks at me confused as to what my plan is

"Just trust me" I sign, she nods her head at me and we wait for the ref to blow the whistle. Once the whistles gone I start to run up to the ball while Maddie lightly pushes it to the side, I plant my weak foot to the side of the ball and connect my other with the bottom of the ball. I watch as it flies through the air and the goalie trying to scramble back to her line, she doesn't get there in time and the ball hits the back of the net.