Painkiller

- 1 month 1/2 time jump -
- December 20th 2015 -

"Pleaseee just come! You're not doing anything better and I've missed you" Chrissy says over facetime giving me her best pouty face.

"I don't know Chrissy it's your whole family and Tobins, and what, me. What about Ryder too." I try and explain to my best mate over the phone.

"Actually about that Hayley, I was planning to go to a mates for Christmas so you should defo go see Christen," Ryder says popping his head through the door and back out just as quick.

"wow, my brothers leaving me on Christmas now," I say sarcastically to no one in particular.

"More the reason to come to mine! I need you there with me, you're an important person in my life and I want you to meet my family, Tobin feels the same way" Christen says getting serious at the end. I make a list of the pros and cons in my head. The pros being I'll see Christen and Tobin again, it will be warmer over there, nice family environment. The cons are that I'll have to go by gifts asap, it's a long-ass flight. I let out a deep sigh knowing what is really the right thing to do.

"Alright fine! I'll go, just let me book a ticket" I say making Chrissy squeal on the other end.

"Don't bother I already have, it's tomorrow morning at 10 am for you," Chrissy says a smug look on her face.

"Chrissy! Seriously, what if I had said no" I ask the woman.

"Yeah but you didn't soooo," she says trailing off at the end and shrugging her shoulders.

"Your unbelievable Pressy, I'm expecting to be picked up when I land though, no way am I getting a cab," I say taking my phone and heading to my room.

"Don't worry I will pick you up myself" Christen says excitedly and I can't help but get a little excited too, I haven't seen her since I stayed with Julie.

"I better go and start packing then. Love you Chrissy, stay safe" I say over facetime, she waves back and we say goodbye while I start the task of packing my bag for however long my stay is at the Health-Press residence. It takes me a good 3 hours to have everything sorted and ready for my early flight tomorrow, I check my phone and see it's only 4 pm and I've still got too much energy so I decide to get changed into some soccer gear and head to the local field. I change into some shorts and put on a jumper, hat and a pair of gloves making sure to keep my ears and hands warm, even though I don't get cold, I don't want to have hyperthermia by accident. I slip on my trainers and place my cleats and soccer ball in a bag with some training gear. I write a quick note letting Ryder know where I'm off too as I can hear his shower going. Once I'm ready I strap my bag into my back and run to the local field, it's only a quick 2-mile run and it usually gets my kegs warmed up enough to start shooting.

When I arrive at the field the grass is a little frozen over which doesn't bother me much since it makes the surface harder. I grab the cones in my bag and set up a quick speed drill. Sidestepping left to right, turn back and sprint, high knees back again and shoot, collect the ball go again. I do this circuit ten times and I'm a little out of breath by the end of it.

I move onto footwork with the ball, I do the same thing as before but with a ball instead. Sidestep dribble from left to right, turn back and sprint with the ball, keepie-uppies back again and on the volley shot. I do this around 15 times instead knowing I need to improve my ball control.

After this I proceed to kick it as hard as I can in the air and then control it to the ground with one touch, I do this a couple of times getting a bit more adventurous after everyone. I suddenly notice that the sunlight has dropped pretty quick so I go over to my phone and see it's almost 6 pm. I've got an early flight tomorrow so I call it a night and head back home. Role on Chicago!