"Thank you again for this opportunity, and I'm positive that I'll go out there and show you what I can do" I sign to him after he knows what I've said he has a huge smile on his face.

"That's the attitude I like to see around here. Follow me and I'll take you out to where the girls are just starting training" Nick says getting out if his chair and walking towards the door, I follow after him as he leads us onto the pitch.

"Listen up girls I've got a special guest to train with us today," Nick says making the team stop what they are doing and turn to face him, I step out from behind him and smile at all the girls. I spot Lucy, Nikita and Toni all running towards me. They tackle me into a group hug and I end up on the floor with three bodies in top of me.

"I think most of you know her but if you don't this is Hayley Knight, she's 25 and uses sign language to communicate" Nick explains to the team, most of the girls just smile and nod their heads as they already met me at the club last month. The girls finally get off me and I'm able to stand up straight, Lucy slings her arm over my shoulder and walks with me towards the rest of the girls. This should be a fun day.

Nick wasn't lying when he said it would be hard but I wasn't either, I gave every drill all I had and I have to say I played pretty well. We are currently doing a scrimmage and I'm playing in midfield with Toni as my forward and Lucy in defence. The three of us have been linking up really well through the small match, each of us helping setting up goals for the other. I currently have the ball and I'm running up the middle of the pitch, I see Toni cutting across the box so I send a small tap in front of her, I then run behind her and she backheels the ball to my feet making me one in one with Karen Bardsley, the keeper, I easily slot it into the bottom corner and run to Toni giving her a high five.

"that's it for today girls, go to the locker room and get changed," Nick says, we all nod our heads and grab our bag before heading inside, I'm about to walk in with Lucy when I hear someone call my voice.

"Hayley, a word please" I hear Nick say, I look at Lucy worriedly who just sends me a reassuring smile. I turn to Nick and follow him back towards his office. I'd be lying if said I wasn't nervous right now.

"Please take a seat Hayley," Nick says smiling at me, okay he's smiling that has to mean something good right?

"After today's training, my team and I have really thought about you possibly joining our squad." Nick says, I would get excited but I can hear a 'but' coming along

"but you have no prior experience with any club or your national team, this does concern us." Nick says to me, I think about my reply carefully.

"I understand that sir, but I'm willing to give this club 110 percent, if that means staying for extra training, doing longer hours in the weight room then I'll be there. I've waited for this opportunity my whole life and I'm ready to do what it takes to be one of the best" I sign to Nick as confidently as possible, when he's heard my response he has a huge smile on his face.

"And that's exactly what I like to hear my players say to me," Nick says making me smile. Wait what did he say

"wait, your players?" I sign to him, not sure what he's telling me right now.

"Yes Hayley, welcome to Manchester City Women's," Nick says extending his arm out for me to shake, I don't waste any time in shaking his hand back.

"We'll be in contact soon to organise signing you to our team," Nick tells me, I nod my head in response. We say goodbye to each other and I make my way out of the building to where Ryder is waiting for me in the carpark. I spot him leaning against his prized Bugatti Veyron; while I saved all the money our parents left us and invested it into companies and business, he spent his on a £2.7 million car.

He still has money left over, just not as much as me

"Hey superstar, how was training with the team?" Ryder asks me as he grabs my bags and throws them into the back.

"It was alright, don't think I'll be training as a guest with them anymore though" I sign to my brother, he looks at me confused and angry.

"What! That's bullshit, you're an amazing player, they would be lucky to have you. I can't believe they did that, who do they think th-" Ryder starts to rant at me, I cut him off before he can finish his venting.

"I said as a guest didn't I" I tell Ryder smirking, he just looks at me weirdly not getting what I'm saying

"For someone studying at Cambridge, I thought you would get what I'm saying. I'm still training with them just not as a guest, instead, a player" I tell Ryder, his face instantly lights up and he wraps me in his arms picking me up and spinning me around the empty parking lot.

"No. Freaking. Way! They signed you, they actually signed you" Ryder shouts happily at me

"A minute ago you were saying why the hell they didn't they sign you and now you're actually shocked they did," I say looking at Ryder confused.

"I mean yeah, I was just trying to be nice" My brother says smirking, I just punch him hard in the upper arm

"Ow! What was that for" He says rubbing the spot I punched him, I just roll my eyes and climb into the car.

"For being a jerk, dumbass," I tell my brother as he starts the car engine.

"You know I'm only joking, I'm proud of you though Hayley, this is a big deal, I know it's always been your dream. Mom and dad would be proud of who you've become, I know I certainly am" Ryder says making me tear up about mom and dad. I wish I could call them right now and tell them I made it, that I'm happy and safe with Ryder, that I've found friends who I can trust with my life and that I've made a new family who will always be there for me. Sometimes in life, you can't always get what you want, it doesn't happen as it does in the movies, after tragedy strikes the person always get what they deserve in the end, but not in my case, yes I have a lot of things and I'm grateful for that but I worked my ass off to get it, I didn't have anyone to rely on to help, it was just me and my brother trying to stay afloat in this world. Not everyone gets the fairy tale ending in life, but maybe, just maybe I could get some of it.

A/N
Let me know what you guys think about my story so far, I would really appreciate the feedback.

Who do you want to see together, I've got a few ideas already but would love your opinion.

I already have Hayley's soulmate in mind. Any guesses?