School

______________

I watch the birds, the mice, the lions and snakes
Go on with their morning ignoring the silent flakes
Cold winter morning holding the suns heat at bay
I watch these animals as I stride into a building already hating the day!.

.
First period is History which happens to be my favorite subject so far. Apart from my ability to see what others cannot, I'm as normal as it gets. But to everyone else who knows about me would rather call me crazy.

My day begins and it starts smoother than expected even though there is an old woman standing next to miss Smith in class who I bet nobody else can see.

She smiles at my knowing eyes and waves at my returning smile. And I go back to acting like she's not there.

____ ________time gap______

"Hey Grace" Lilie greets me with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. She has hazel brown eyes and long brown dreadlocks.

"Hey hun, how was school" I sit back down on the bench at the park that I'm currently at, putting away the book I was reading.

"Apart from the fact that we are not in the same school anymore, it sucked" she pouts and I laugh. Man she can be such a baby.

"Well it is what is it" I shrug, still giggling a bit.

"Being alone isn't healthy, you should get a boyfriend" she grins at me but I give no thought into her idea, knowing she might want me to date some guy she met.

"No" is all I say.

"You can't let a heartbreak stop you from being happy babe, you need to get someone who will love you and kiss you and stuff"

If only she knew. I hadn't gone through heartbreaks only.
A continuous line of failed relationships has worn me out. I'm tired.

"I dont need a man to be happy"

"But you need someone to hold you and be happy with you" and I release a sigh.

It is a failure of our generation
A failure with no real confrontation
Happiness alone is not happiness
Because fear of loneliness is stronger than trembling souls
Forced to recognize the love I do not seek
Failing relationship and a cheated hearts is what I've seen
Please!!!! Please!!! Let my soul be at Peace!!!
For sometimes, another being is not my true Peace.

"I am fine babe, if I ever decide to date again, you'll be the first to know" a fake smile places itself upon my face and she buys it.

_____________________________

I know its short, but I like it💖