Storm

Freya and Maribelle ran around the compound frantically looking for Klaus and Sapphire. They found them sitting in her room.

"We found what's been causing the attacks!" Sapphire and Klaus gave their full attention. Freya kneeled in front of Sapphire with a look in her eyes that she knew wasn't good. Maribelle rested her hand on the mermaid's shoulder.

"It's the bracelet sweetheart." Maribelle said and when Freya went to grab the bracelet, Sapphire jerked her arm away and got up from her seat. She backed away from them slowly, "Listen to them love. We had a pool installed, and I or Harry will stay right there by your side."

After all this time, they were going to take her legs away! Sapphire continued to back away from her "friends", "N-no s-stay away from me!" Sapphire ran from the room and didn't get far before she was caught by Harry who was angry.

"What did they do to you?" She couldn't respond and just wrapped her arms around his waist. Klaus watched in jealousy.

"Harry, we need her bracelet! It's the only way to keep her safe." Freya pleaded. Sapphire whimpered and tightened her hold onto Harry. "So what are you going to do when you take her legs away?" Harry asked. He didn't know why he was asking because there was no way that he was going to let them take her legs away.

"We have a pool that we can put her in." Klaus replied.

While Freya and Klaus were busy distracting Harry, Maribelle was behind him slowly sneaking up. Subdue Harry long enough to get the bracelet, that was the plan. Unfortunately Harry wasn't stupid. He quickly ran Sapphire out of the compound and pretty much out of New Orleans.

Sapphire who was still pretty shook up struggled to breathe.

"Deep breaths Sapphire. You'll be okay." Harry cooed and she listened. Sapphire then broke down into tears. Harry hugged her and let her cry.
"I don't want to lose my legs.....I hate the water."

"I won't let them get you. We'll run far away from here. Find somewhere nice and calm for you."

"Why are you doing this"

"I don't have a choice."

><><

Harry was smart. He kept them moving so it would trip up Freya's locator spell. Every fiber in his body told him to protect Sapphire with his life.

He didn't understand it, but ever since she gave him her blood that's all his mind was about. Making sure she's safe at all times. Never leave her side.

Sapphire was asleep on his back as he walked through a field in Utah? He didn't know. As long as they were far away then it was fine.

At least until he was floored by an aneurysm. Freya stood in front of them with her hand outstretched. Sapphire, now very awake held onto Harry's arm.

Klaus tipped her from him and threw her over his shoulder. He then took off. Sapphire fought as hard a she could but it didn't work.

><><

Klaus ripped the bracket from the mermaid and pushed her into the pool. Sapphire sank to the bottom and looked up at Klaus with pure fear. This wasn't the Klaus she knew. This was the monster she feared.

"I'm sorry love, it's for your own good."

Sapphire swam to the surface which made Klaus kneel down. She reached up and slapped him hard.

"I hate you. I HATE ALL OF YOU!" Klaus, Freya, Maribelle, Rebekah, Elijah, Hayley, all heard it, and all their hearts broke.

She slowly swam to the bottom of the pool and curled up in a corner.

Her heart shattered.

><><

"No no no! I've lost her"

The man grabbed the woman by the throat, "Well get her back before I rip your eyes out!"