Lagoon

"Come on love...get out of the tree." Klaus said as he looked at the mermaid who was clinging to the tree. Klaus had brought her to a lake and as soon as she saw the water, Sapphire climbed the tree and wouldn't come down. She whimpered and shook her head, "Nope." Klaus rolled his eyes and started taking off his jacket, "I'll go in with you." Sapphire hesitated and slowly came down from the tree. Klaus jumped into the lake and turn around, "See it's safe." Sapphire slowly took off her bracelet and felt her fins touch the water making her shiver. Klaus grabbed her hand and she went all the way into the water.

Sapphire had her arms tight around his neck and Klaus pried her off. "Klaus don't let go!" Sapphire begged as she held his hand. "It's alright." He cooed and slowly let go. Sapphire calmed as the waves moved against her and she smiled. The Mermaid dove underwater leaving the hybrid alone, but he could hear her heartbeat as she swam under him. Sapphire on the other hand was at the bottom of the lake with the fishes and started swimming upwards.

"This is amazing!"

"Yes it is."

><><

Klaus shook the water out of his hair as Elijah approached him. He laughed when she saw the mermaid jump out of the water and back in. "I guess the ocean is next?"Elijah asked and grimaced when water droplets hit his face. Klaus nodded and smiled when he saw Sapphire waving at them with her hands.

Sapphire wasn't waving hello, she was waving for help. Whatever was trying to drown her in the bath was in the lake and pulling her down. Once again the mermaid who could breathe under water couldn't. From the shore it looked like she was being silly and splashing around.

Sapphire was pulled completely under water and she saw a black mass wrapped around her tail like a tentacle that was pulling her to the bottom of the lake. The mermaid wiggled around and made it to the surface where she screamed out for help.

Klaus's smiled dropped as he heard the blood curdling scream. Quickly he took off his jacket and jumped back into the lake, swimming as fast as he could to Sapphire who was yanked back under water again. Klaus dove under water and grabbed the mermaid's arms and started pulling. Whatever this was, was very strong and Klaus was struggling. Elijah had jumped in as well and swam lower to pull her by her tail. Sapphire went unconscious making the vampires even more desperate.

The boys gave one last desperate tug and the mermaid was free. Swimming quickly to the top, the brothers brought Sapphire to the shore and Klaus started doing CPR. He could feel his heart shatter when it wasn't working. "Come on love, not like this." He begged. Sapphire shot up and spit up water. Her lungs burned and she pulled her tail to her chest Elijah held out his jacket and her bracelet. The boys turned around letting her take off her wet shirt and put Elijah's jacket on.

><><

"Witches?" Rebekah asked as the siblings stood on the balcony. Sapphire had fallen asleep and everyone else was trying to figure this out. "If it is, I'll rip their lungs out,"Klaus growled and the glass he was holding shattered making Sapphire jump. She rubbed her eyes and Klaus felt bad. "What's going on?" She asked as she joined them on the balcony.

"We're trying to figure out who's doing this to you." Freya said and gave the mermaid a side hug. "You guys don't have to do that." Klaus shook his head and led Sapphire back to the bed. "You're a Mikaelson now. We look out for each other." Sapphire never really had a family before.

"Now get some rest."

The siblings walked out and before Klaus could, Sapphire grabbed his arm, "Can you stay here with me?" She asked. Klaus Mikaelson, The famed Original Hybrid who was feared and hated, was being weakened by doe eyes. He nodded and climbed into the bed with her and she cuddled up to him. Klaus wrapped his arm around her shoulders and rested his other one on her hair and started caressing her hair.

><><

"What don't you understand? I need that her dead!"

"I'm doing the best I can, but I can't hold the spell for long!"

"Well figure out how!"

The mysterious person walked away from the witch and pulled out a photo of Sapphire walking through the Quarter with Elijah. "If only they knew how powerful you really were.....if only they knew what your blood could do."