Creek

Klaus clutched his chest as he felt a pain. He looked at the bloody petals in his hand before looking towards his siblings. They looked in confusion as their brother began coughing more.

Harry heard the coughing and he shushed Sapphire so he could focus, "Something is wrong with Klaus." He mumbles then looked to the mermaid who's face held no emotion she nodded slowly then slid forward so her tail could soak in the water. 

"It's my curse..." She whispers then looks at her forearm where a birthmark in the shape of a flower was. She felt her heart ache as she thought of a person she hadn't thought of in a long time.

><>< Flashback ><><

Sapphire swam through the ocean with a big smile on her face. She held onto a bag filled with gems and other beautiful treasures she found for the woman she was in love with. Her heart was beating quickly as she pulled herself into a small underwater cave where the woman of her dreams was waiting. 

"I found it all for you!" She exclaims happily and the woman smiles softly. Her brown hair was pulled into a loose ponytail and she walked over to the mermaid then patted her hair softly, "Their perfect." She whispers making the mermaid giggle. The woman stood back up and looked to the entrance of the cave.

"Colin? Come here please my love." Sapphire felt her heart stop as she heard those words come from the woman's mouth. She loved someone else? She said she loved her. She felt her hands start to shake as her ears began to ring. 

A man walked in with a small smirk on his face. He pulled the woman into a deep kiss, "Yes my dear Helen?" He purrs once he pulls away. Helen smiles softly then holds out the treasure. Colin's eyes lit up before he laughs and kisses her again. 

"We're rich!" He yells and they both start celebrating. Sapphire sat their in pure anger as she realized what was happening. Helen looked over at her with a evil smirk," Oh honey...you really though I could love you?" she asks as she crouched down infront of the mermaid. A tear fell from the mermaid's eye and instantly Helen's face morphed into one of pain. She clutched her chest as she began coughing violently. 

Colin looked in horror as his lover coughed up flower petals and blood. He glared at the mermaid before kneeling down infront of Helen. She looked at Colin then to the mermaid, "Undo it!" She commands. 

Sapphire says nothing and jumps into the water swimming as far as she possibly could. 

><><

Harry listened as his friend told her story. He looked towards the entrance where he could still hear the hybrid coughing violently. He then looked towards the mermaid who was staring into the water with an emotionless face. 

"Can it be reversed?" He asked raising his voice to catch the attention of the other vampires and hybrids in the compound. Sapphire shrugged her shoulders before pulling her tail out of the water again. She looked towards the door as Klaus stumbled into the room. He was taking this worse than Helen did. Helen lived for weeks before she died. Klaus looked even worse than she did after two hours. 

"L-Love...please...I'm sorry." He rasps and reaches out for her. She frowns before sliding away from him. Rebekah grits her teeth together then grabs the mermaid by her throat and pins her to the wall. Hayley goes to stop her, but Elijah holds her back.

"He has done nothing wrong! He is protecting you! Now stop pouting like a spoiled brat and fix him!" She yells as veins form under her eyes. Harry stood up and started hitting the barrier with bright green eyes. Sapphire looked at Rebekah before glancing at Klaus.

Memories flashed through her mind  of the moments they had before this. She felt tears fall down her cheeks as she realized what she has down. Rebekah dropped her to the ground and the mermaid slid into the water. She reached out for Klaus pulling him in with her. Everyone watched as she pulled him to the bottom of the pool. She held him close to her then rested their foreheads together. 

Klaus watched as a single petal floated to the top of water before he felt his lungs clear up. Sapphire let him go and watched as he swam to the surface. Elijah helped out of the pool while Maribelle wrapped a towel around his shoulders. 

Klaus looked down at the mermaid in the water before leaving the room without a word. The others followed and Sapphire looked over at Harry who was clearly listening to the conversations she couldn't hear. 

What had she done?

After awhile Freya walked in to pull Harry from the room leaving the mermaid alone. She sat out of the pool in a far corner with her face in her tail. Klaus watched for a moment then slowly made his way to her. She didn't move a muscle as the hybrid lifted her head," I'm sorry." She whispers and Klaus smiles softly before he slides a ring on her finger. 

Her tail vanished and she looked down at her legs which we partially covered by a golden skirt, "It's alright...I too have done some things out of anger." He says with a small chuckle before helping her to her feet. She squeezed his hands then hugged him tightly. Klaus hugged her back just as tight before wrapping his arms around her thighs to lift her. 

She blushed heavily as he carried her from the pool room to his bedroom. Gently he set her down then handed her some of her sleep clothes. He gave her privacy as she changed then tucked her into the bed. 

She watched as he shut off the lights and closed the door leaving her alone to sleep.