River

All was calm in the quarter, no attacks on Sapphire have been made since the lake. Sapphire's fear of water returned just as quick as it left. Usually when she took a bath one of the girls were nearby just incase she needed help. Sapphire hated it, being treated like a child because of some water.

But she was fine just walking around the quarter right? Being inside for the past three weeks was driving her insane, so like any normal person.......she snuck out. Once out she made her way into the markets. Luckily Elijah had given her money to buy things when they went out. Sapphire went to her favorite place, the flower shop. Inside she looked at all the flowers. No matter how many times she entered this shop, the flowers always blew her away.

A scuffle followed by a muffled scream made the mermaid tense. Slowly she took out a mini stake that was mandatory item in her purse. The sound came from the back of the shop where the flourist was pinned to the wall by a vampire who looked like he hadn't been one for long.

"Hey!" Sapphire yelled out making the vampire freeze. He looked over at her in terror, instanly seeing the stake in her hand. "Please the others wouldn't let me eat....I'm so hungry." The look in his eyes made the mermaid feel sympathy.

"Drink from me."

If Klaus heard what just came out of her mouth, he would die.....again. The vampire looked conflicted, but slowly let the flourist go, and compelling her to forget everything that just happened. She blinked before looking at Sapphire and smiled. When they were alone, the mermaid pulled the vampire further into the alley.

"Drink."

The vampire hesitantly wrapped his arms around her and sank his fangs into her neck. The pain was unbearable, something that she never wanted to experience again. The vampire released her once he got his fill.

"Feel better?" Sapphire asked softly. He nodded happily before pulling her into a hug. "Please let me buy you lunch or something." He begged.

><><

"So your name is Harrison?"

"Yeah, but I prefer Harry."

"Alright Harry, how did you turn?" The two were sitting in a cafe, and surprisingly Sapphire took a liking to Harry. He was just a kid who was the runt in Marcel's little vampire kingdom. " Well I got attacked by vampires, and they took a little too much from me, so they fed me their blood, but that didn't work fast enough. I died then woke up a vampire. Since I am so skinny they pick on me, and use me as a punching bag." Sapphire knew that she couldn't let him go back there, but also knew that Klaus would throw a tantrum. Younger vampires always seemed to annoy him.

"How long have you been a vampire?"

"Two days."

Sapphire choked on her tea that she was drinking startling Harry. "That's it, you're staying with me" She said before putting a tip on the table dragging the vampire outside. It was darker than she thought, "Where do you live exactly?" Harry asked still in her very tight grip. Sapphire pointed to the large compound in the distance making Harry's jaw drop. The two continued their journey until Sapphire noticed a strange group had started to follow them.

"Hey Runt!" Sapphire felt Harry tense then start to shake. She turned and saw five vampires walking towards them. Luckily for the vampires, no one was around. "Who's your little girlfriend?" One of them asked before shoving him aside and coming uncomfortably close to her. Klaus was going to be sooooooo ticked, wait Klaus. She slowly reached into her bag once the vampire turned his back and proceeded to text Klaus secretly.

"Let's have some fun Runt."

><><

Klaus got into his car along with Freya after following a potential lead into what was attacking Sapphire. His phone buzzed and the text message was one word, but it was all he needed to throw Freya his keys and jump out of his car.

'Help'

Before Freya could ask what was wrong, he was gone.

Meanwhile, Harry was pressed against the wall while Sapphire was being held back. She was begging them to leave him alone, but they just laughed. One of the vampires grabbed her wrist and eyed the shiny bracelet on her wrist. "Look a souvenir." Sapphire struggled to get out of his grip, but he yanked the bracelet off her wrist. They watched in shock as her legs became a tail, and Harry was in complete awe.

"She's gonna make a very good meal. Right boys."

Sapphire whimpered as one of them grazed her neck with his fangs. Harry let out a loud yell as his veins formed from under his eyes, and his eyes turned bright green. He threw off the vampire pinning him to the wall and grabbed the vampire who was holding her and tore his arms off. The other vampires quickly jumped in, but were match against this beast. The vampire who was thrown off grabbed Sapphire and held her up with a hand around her throat.

"One more move and I snap her neck."

Harry halted, blood covered his face, and hands.

"The only neck snapped will be yours."

A loud crack came from behind Sapphire as the vampire dropped to the ground, and she collapsed into Klaus's arms. Klaus held her up and began making his way to the compound, but Sapphire stopped him. "Harry, come on." Harry smiled softly and followed them.

><><

"No."

Sapphire had been begging Klaus for the past hour to let Harry stay, but he kept refusing. "He can't go back there, they abuse him. I won't let him go back to Marcel." Klaus shook his head once again before marching out of the compound and down the stairs to Harry who looked as if his parents were fighing right in front of him. "You may leave." Harry looked at Sapphire in alarm and she quickly ran to his side.

"If he goes then so do I." Klaus rolled his eyes before reaching for her arm which she back away so he couldn't grab her. "Please Klaus...don't let him go back there." By the tone of her voice and her doe eyes, Klaus knew he wasn't going to win this battle.

"Fine, but if he messes up once, I'll rip his head off." Sapphire squealed and gave Klaus a hug before pulling Harry off to his new room.

"She's got you wrapped around her finger brother."

"Not one more word Elijah."