Puddle

Sapphire was submerged under the water of the bathtub once again. She'd gotten her voice back a few weeks ago, and felt great that she could communicate better with everyone. Even her and Klaus had grown incredibly closer since then and she could feel a feeling that she'd never really felt before, and she liked it.

Slowly the mermaid rose to the surface of her bath, but was quickly pushed down by an force. Usually you would think that a mermaid could breathe under water, but she couldn't. Sapphire tried to breathe, but she couldn't. Something was keeping her from breathing, and Sapphire was clinging to the sides of the bath trying to push herself up but this thing was strong. She opened her eyes and saw a dark figure holding her down by her shoulders. Sapphire could feel her life drain from her, and she closed her eyes.

Klaus had walked by the bathroom when he heard water being splashed around, "Sapphire? Are alright love?" He asked as he knocked on the door. There was no answer and water started to pool below the bathroom door and around his shoes. Klaus used his hearing and heard Sapphire gasping for air, but then stopped. Klaus's eyes widened and he kicked the door in and saw the mermaid lying limp in the bath tub. He ran to the side and pulled her out of the tub. Sapphire was not moving so Klaus tried CPR. He pumped on her chest and then put his lips on hers to transfer the air. Sapphire opened her eyes and spat out water.

"Klaus?"

"It's me love."

The mermaid threw her arms around Klaus and hugged him while tears fell from her eyes. "Something tried to kill me.....I couldn't breathe and...." Klaus shushed her and picked her up grabbing her bracelet and carrying her out of the bathroom. He walked into her room and sat her behind her changing screen and set her down on the stool. Her clothes were already there and Klaus walked away while she changed to human and put her clothes on.

"You can look now." Sapphire said as she walked behind him. Klaus turned and looked down at the woman he had fallen in love with. "What of it comes back?" She asked and Klaus cupped her face, "Whatever that was won't have a second chance." He whispered and they both moved closer until their lips were millimeters apart, "I promise." Klaus said and kissed Sapphire. The mermaid kissed back wrapping her arms around his waist. Klaus pulled away and rested his forehead against Sapphire's. She looked at him before smiling and grabbing the back of his neck and pulling him for another kiss.