five

"We all know the rules, there is training and there would have to be meetings anyways. She still had to go through the job options." Alby said as he stood across from Newt.

Minho watched, his eyebrows pinched together as he thought for a moment before releasing them and listening again.

"Everyone go back to what you were doing! Tide and Minho get over here!" Album yelled as murmurs erupted and the crowd dispersed as Minho and I came over to Alby and Newt.

"We'll have a council meeting then." I heard Newt say as we approached silently. Minho seemed perfectly fine as we walked over to them.

"You, sit down. You... Why don't you go get the council stuff set up?" Alby questioned as I did as he instructed and sat down on the ground. Minho just nodded and jogged off to a building not far away.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyance clear in my voice as I looked up at Newt and Alby who were now towering over me.

"You're coming with to the council meeting with us tomorrow morning. For now, I want you out in the fields with Newt." Alby said, his voice laced with anger.

"Sounds good to me." I got up and brushed my clothes off jogging after Newt who was already walking to the fields. I now noticed his limp, it wasn't to noticeable but when you were following him you could definitely see it was there.

"Ready?" Newt asked grabbing a bucket and tossing it to me. I caught it stumbling back a bit but quickly regaining my balance as I nearly knocked a pot over.

"I need you to go into the forest and get some mint leaves. They should be by the graveyard, they'll be marked clearly." He said smiling at me as I nodded and walked off towards the forested area.

Graveyard.

Who on earth die here? How?

When I reached the graveyard, I kept my gaze straight ahead on the bushes a little ways into the forest clearly marked with a little white sign "Mint Leaves".

Thinking about Newt's kiss last night, I knelt down by the bushes plucking the leaves off as Newt instructed.

As the bucket started to fill, I heard a rustle behind me.

Probably just the wind. I thought to myself as I turned only to see nothing but the forest.

Wait. There isn't any wind here.

Getting up, another rustle came from the other side of me. This time, as I walked over, there was a footprint.

"Who's there?" I called grabbing the bucket of leaves and taking a couple steps.

"I saw you." A faint whisper echoed around me causing me to shiver at the humanness to the voice.

"Who's there?" I called louder backing up as a figure came out from behind the row of bushes revealing a male figure.

"Look, I don't want to hurt you. I will if I have to." I tried to threaten but failed miserably The figure just grinned and took a step forward revealing a somewhat muscular guy, he was tall, pitch black hair and bright green eyes. Blood dripped down from his arm where an IV must've been and he held a knife in his hand.

"I saw you." He repeated darkly as he started walking quickly over to me. I quickly scrambled to my feet and took off running and screaming all at once. HIs laughs echoed close behind, his footsteps even closer.

I screamed louder praying someone would hear as I ran as fast as I could but he was nearly as fast, quickly catching up.

The light from the sunset in the glade lit up as I ran towards the brim of the forest the kid tackling me sending the two of us rolling down the hill. Me screaming and him grunting as his knife dug into my abdomen.

My body went numb as we rolled, I couldn't see anything. We were rolling to fast. Only his black hair was in my vision as we rolled. The pain getting worse as his knife carved my skin.

Trying my best to throw the bucket at him I missed and the bucket went flying as we landed at the bottom of the hill. His body quickly recovered, my blood staining his white shirt as he used one hand to pin my arms above my head.

"Get off!" I screamed and hands quickly threw him off of me and people crowded around him and I.

"He cut her up pretty. good." I heard someone say as another was yelling for the med jacks.

"Tide, tide, can you hear me?" A familiar voice asked.... Minho.

"Y-yea. You just look funny." I groaned as the pain only got worse by the second. It felt as if he were still carving into me as if I were a pumpkin.

"Ok ok, don't pass out ok? Focus on me. We're getting help right now." He said kneeling by me as some hands lifted me up only causing a yell to escape from my lips as everyone faded into a black leaving me floating in the darkness alone.

"Is she waking up?" A faint voice asked as I groaned pulling myself away from the darkness.

"Yea yea, don't be to loud though." Another voice asked, louder this time as I got closer to the light allowing my eyes to open.

Quickly groaning as the piercing light filled me, I closed my eyes again and opening them a couple times before finally adjusting.

A lot... Probably 10 at least figures sat crowded around me as I focused to see Minho, Alby, Newt and Gally in the group watching me.

"Am I dead?" I asked with a groan as I looked around at everyone. This looked like a pretty crappy heaven if it was. I was expecting more clouds and angels with harps to greet me.

"No- You're still stuck here." Minho said looking at me as I nodded sitting up and wincing as a pain shot through my abdomin but continued to sit up leaning against a pillow on the wall.

"Where is that guy?" I asked suddenly as the memories flooded my head of him carving into me.

"Slammers." Alby said, I just nodded and leaned against the wall.

"He carved the words 'Wicked is good' into your abdomen." Newt said suddenly receiving a couple glares from other gladers.

"We weren't going to tell her that until later." Alby said annoyed whilst another guy grinned.

"Left a pretty cool tattoo on you though." He said and I glanced down at my abdomen and sure enough the words were carved there clearly.

Now realizing I was only wearing the bra I came here in and pink lace panies I glared at them receiving a couple of hands in the air.

"Now tell me what happened. I want to know exactly what happened and what's going to happen." I growled at them annoyed, getting up ignoring the sting in my abdomen and Newt muttered something as I bent over reaching in one of the drawers for a shirt or pants.

"Here-" He said taking off his shirt and tossing it to me, still warm from his body heat and it smelled like him. Bonus.

I put it on, it went to my mid thighs due to our evident height difference and quickly sat back down on the bed wincing as a pain shot through my stomach.

"Well all we saw was you two come rolling down the hill, you were screaming and trying to hit him with the bucket and he was bust carving you like a bloody pumpkin." Newt said and I nodded watching him curiously.

"Then we got over to you and you passed out. So you've been out for a couple hours is all." Newt added and I smiled at him cockily nodding and laid back down resting my head on the pillows.

"Ok, sounds fine. Do I need to come outside for anything?" I asked looking up at them only to find that everyone but Newt had left.

"Do you want me to stay? Alby said he wants someone with you at all time from now on and everyone seems to agree." Newt said sitting in the chair next to me.

"Yea... Can you lay with me actually? It's a bit cold." I said feeling the blush creep onto my cheeks. He smiled and nodded taking his shoes off and laying down next to me landing with a thump.

"Come here." He murmured pulling me over to him, his arms wrapped around me pulling me close against his chest and kissed my head.

"Get some sleep, I'll be here when you wake up." He murmured and I nodded drifting off in his arms that secured me against him.