fifty

As I slid through the darkness on what seemed to be a slide like structure, the loud screams and whirls and clicks of grievers and gladers faded and an erie silence came about.

Slowly, a dim light came into my vision as I came to a stop and Thomas' familiar hands came to me and he hugged me tightly.

"Are you alright?" He murmured, his soft voice echoing through the otherwise silent room.

Was I alright?

Was the baby alright? That was probably the more important question anyways.

"I think so," I started and looked up at him nervously before adding. "But the baby hasn't kicked in a little while." Just as my british boy came sliding into the room knocking me over in the process.

I landed ontop of him thankfully, not that it was good for him, but it was good for me anyways. He grunted in surprise before wrapping his arms around me.

"Everyone else is starting to come through, we better get moving." Newt's voice echoed and Thomas helped me off of Newt as more gladers came sliding and tumbling into the room.

______

Out of the 36 gladers that came with us to try and escape the maze 20 of us made it out alive including the baby and I.

Minho, Chuck, Thomas, Gally, Newt, Alby, Frypan, Clint, Jeff, Winston and eight other boys whose names I didn't know.

Once the last boy came through, we started to walk through the halls of the dim building. Newt walked with me the entire time.

After about 15 minutes of wandering through the eerily silent halls, we reached a white door. It contrasted with the metal-like walls and floor that surrounded us.

Thomas shakily reached forward and pushed the door open revealing a lab full of scientists... Or at least they looked like scientists with their white lab coats and computers all over the place.

A cold breeze hit me making me shiver as Newt gripped my hand a tad bit tighter.

Suddenly, we were greeted by a tall, quite slim lady with silky blonde hair pulled into a tight bun. She had on a white lab coat and a name tag that read 'Ava Paige.'

"I would first and foremost like to thank you all for participating in the maze trials. Your work is going to help save humanity. You may not remember but our world has been scorched by sun flares, but that wasn't the worst part. What came next was worse, a disease arose that eats the brain slowly, we call it the flare. Most of you are immune to the flare and that is why you have been sent into the maze. We wanted to see how your brains work when put in life - threatening situations." She started and Newt wrapped his arm securely around my waist holding me tightly against his side.

And then it hit me.

We survived the maze.

My baby might not be alright.

Those gladers died for my safety.

And everything went black.