Chapter Seven

​We walk through the wooden door of the bar, and it has black, spiral stairs that lead into a huge, open area with pool tables, a few arcade games, booths and chairs, even bean bag chairs thrown around. There a stage in the back of the room with equipment and instruments on it, but no one is standing up there.

There are also multiple doors that go up and down the side of each wall. I'm assuming those are the rooms that Nic was telling me about. The walls have vintage signs of old license plates from different states, and neon signs all throughout as well, just like the outside of the building.

The room is pretty packed, the only difference down here is there's only college kids. It smells like bar food and a bunch of different musky colognes. As I'm looking around the room, I spot Harry again. His long hair is hanging in his face. He doesn't seem to care because he's playing a game of pool. I've never seen the few people that are playing with him before, but Ren is walking around the table talking to each of them.

Nic and Niall are still standing next to me. Niall interrupts my thoughts and leans over toward my ear and says,

​"Hey, Zayn and I are actually going to go back up really quick. I never grabbed another drink after we took those shots. Did you want anything?"

​"Uh, yeah sure, I'll have whatever bright red drink you had with the umbrella in it."

​"Sure thing." He laughs.

​Nic comes and stands next to me, and Charli walks up to us.
​"This, is the party." She nudges my arm. We all laugh.

"This is so awesome!" Charli says.

"Yeah, we're pretty lucky to have this place." She responds.

​"This really is so amazing. You said Harry and Niall live here?"

​"Yeah, a few of these doors down the walls are bedrooms and bathrooms. Harry's parents let him and Niall live down here while they're in school because it's closer to campus than their house."

​"That's really cool. What's the stage for?" I say.

​"Oh, Niall, Harry and Zayn are all in a band. They only perform on the weekends, so they're not doing anything tonight, but you guys will definitely have to come see them this Friday." She responds. I can't imagine Harry up there on stage, singing or playing an instrument. I wonder if he's any good.

"Yeah, absolutely, we'd love to!" Charli says.

Niall & Zayn get back downstairs with our drinks. That was fast.

"Let's go watch them play pool, Hollis." Zayn grabs mine and Charli's hands and we walk over to the pool tables. Niall and Nic trail behind us.

Harry is about to shoot when Ren comes up behind him. How is she already plastered?

​"Harry!" She hugs him from behind and he falls onto the table, moving a few of the balls out of their places.

​"Damn it, Ren! Not now." He walks around to the other side of the table and takes another sip of his drink.

She storms off into one of the side doors. From what I can tell, it looks like a bathroom.

I lean over toward Nic and try to whisper over all the noise.
"What's going on between those two?" I hope I don't sound too nosy, but damn I can't help but ask. Nic chuckles under her breath before answering.

"Ren has convinced herself that she's 'in love' with Harry since our first semester last year." She rolls her eyes when she move her fingers in air quotes.