Chapter Five

When I get back to my room, Charli jumps from her bed.

"You're never going to guess what happened." I say before she can say anything.

"What?" She says with wide eyes and a chuckle.

"I got us invited to a party tonight."

"You're kidding!" She squeals.

"Yeah, Nic invited us

"Yeah, Nic invited us. And we're being picked up since you didn't wanna bring your car." I laugh sarcastically.

"That guy Zayn that I told you about said that he's going to a party tonight too and told me to stop by, but I'm definitely going with you! Our first college party! I'm so excited. Okay- where are we going? What are we wearing?" She frantically runs to her closet.

I start to think about what I should get done before getting ready for this party. I'm so nervous. What do I even wear? I'm sure Charli is going to want to pick out my outfit.

I lay on top of my bed on my stomach with my knees bent and my feet in the air and begin playing with the fringe on the blanket, and my phone starts vibrating. Nic is calling me. I get a nervous feeling again because I can't believe I'm going to a party. It vibrates a few times before I get to it, but I answer in time.

​"Hey Nic. What's up?" I ask, trying not to sound too eager. Charli looks at me from standing in her closet to listen in.

​"Hey Hollis! We'll be there at seven. Be ready to party. I'm excited you guys are coming. What dorms do you live in and what number? We'll come up to get you two." She says.

​"I'm excited too! And I live in Studio Flat Dorms. Room 1431."

​"You live in Studio Flats? Oooo fancy girl." She chuckles and continues. "Okay, we'll see you soon. I'll text you before we come up."

​"Okay, that sounds like a plan." I feel a lot better since she didn't make a huge deal about the dorms.

I take a nap and Charli gets in the shower. When I wake up, I check the time. It's five, Charli and I start getting ready.

​I take a shower and blow dry my hair. I straighten it considering when I've tried to curl my hair, it ends up looking like a frizzy mess. I put on some light mascara, fill in my eyebrows, and throw on some chapstick. Charli makes comments about wanting to put more makeup on me, but I pretend I don't hear her. Which she notices too.

I open the door to my closet and start pushing my hangers from side to side.

"Okay, you ignored me about the makeup, but please let me pick out your outfit." She pleads.

"Oh my goodness," I laugh, "fine. But seriously, nothing crazy."

​She grabs some jean, paper bag shorts and a white, halter top shirt.