chapter 24

"I'm gonna love you tillMy lungs give outI promise till death we part like in our vowsSo I wrote this song for you, now everybody knowsFinally it's just you and me till we're grey and old"

My lungs give out
I promise till death we part like in our vows
So I wrote this song for you, now everybody knows
Finally it's just you and me till we're grey and old"

It was taking longer than I thought for Klaus to come to terms with our situation. Elijah had to convince Sophie to let me go and attempt to reach out to him.

I walked to where I knew he would be, a bench we used to sit on, just the two of us. We would come here and watch the view of New Orleans, the best view.

He sensed me coming but he still stared out into the view, I sat beside him on the bench sighing because my legs finally got a rest.

I turn to look at him, he looked drained. My poor baby. I lifted my hand and ran them over his hair, before letting it drop back to my lap.

I lean my head against his shoulder, he places his arm around me, snuggling me into his side though his face still held that cold expression.

He kissed my head and I swear a tear had escaped his eye. "I want them." He turned his head to me, I removed my head from his shoulder to get a good look at him.

His eyes were glossy and that was enough to make me emotional too, or it could've been the hormones, I cant tell.

I smiled, a weak but happy smile. I lean my forehead against him and he smiled too. "I know." I say, he closed the distance between us and connected our lips.

His giant hand held my half of the left side of my face as he kissed me slowly and passionately. It was one of the kisses we had when we were promising eachother something without actually having to say it.

Again,

Actions speak louder than words.

~ • ~

"Are you alright?" Elijah asked as he walked into the room.

"It's just dust, this place is ancient." I replied.

"Yes it should serve our purposes. It's a sanctuary from our business in the quarter. Right now you are the most important person in this family. So I'm curious... in all this time, has anyone asked you how you feel."

"Well my husband has, he's just perfect."

"Only in your eyes." Elijah cheekily quipped with a soft chuckle. I rolled my eyes, my smile gave away the fact i'm not angry.

"How do you feel?" He asks. I looked up at him before answering.

"Hopeful. I hope I can be a good mother, like mine."

Elijah did that almost smile thing that he does. "I will always protect you. You have my word on that."

I do know that, he's proved that to me many times.

Appearing at the door Klaus made himself know and said." And noble Elijah always keeps his word."

"I need to bathe, see you later Elijah." I leave the room.

I can feel Klaus' eyes on me the whole way out.

-

Switching to third person

"Isn't she breathtaking?" He breathed out, his eyes refusing to look away, he watched her walk up the stairs until she was our of sight.

Elijah cleared his throat to gain Klaus's attention again, he finally turned his head to look at his older brother. Elijah gave him a knowing look and raised his eyebrows, it was admirable that after all this time he still only had eyes for the girl he met when he four. Even more admirable that it had been over a thousand years since then.

Klaus rolled his eyes, but failed to fight back the smile on his face.

"Is it done?" Elijah asked, getting back to business.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Your underhanded deal worked quite well. Marcel was only too happy to accept my blood even as he accepted my heartfelt apologies. His man, Thierry, yet lives and I remain a welcome guest in the French quarter. My only concern now is this coven of impudent witches." Klaus said.

"I believe them to be. They didn't release Klara to us. Although, they haven't been entirely  forthcoming. So obviously have something they need. They Don't want him dead there must be another reason of why." Elijah replied back.

Elijah was about to leave before he stopped and turned to his brother,

"I'm glad you're taking responsibility for this, Niklaus." And with no more words spoken Elijah left the room.

-A/n
20 votes for next chapter

I really want to make a flashback chapter of little Klara and Klaus meeting :)

I love this chapter it's so pure