The Wedding (Post-Driven)

I wasn't going to write this but @bugheadisthebestship requested it and it seems like a good idea so here it is 💞

~

Jughead's P.O.V.

I sat in my hotel room, queue cards in my hands, as I went over my vows as many times as I could. I already had it memorized but was scared that I would somehow forget, so I kept going over it again.

I'd been ready for hours, but the makeup artist cancelled on Betty, so Veronica had to go buy some more makeup to do it herself. Betty didn't doubt her makeup skills, so at least that wouldn't be a big problem. Also, Betty didn't want to put on the dress until the very end so she wouldn't drop any makeup on it or ruin it or whatever. It was a zip-up dress, so Veronica said she didn't have to worry about smudging her makeup.

I was reciting my vows for the seventh time when I heard a knock at my door and Archie peeked his head in.

"Come on, Jug," he said. "It's time."

I stood up, a weird feeling of excitement and nervousness settling in the pit of stomach as I walked outside the room.

"You ready?" Arch asked me as we walked over to the elevator.

I nodded as he pressed the button.

That wasn't even a question. Of course I was ready. I was positive that she was the love of my life, and I was 100% ready to be with her forever. I was just nervous. This was such a big moment.

"Juggie!" Betty hollered from the living room.

I peeked my head in from the kitchen and looked at her. "Yes, babe?"

"Oh my God, I love this ring! Look at it, Jug!"

I walked over to her and gripped the back of the couch, and she held her phone up for me to see.

It was a silver ring with a sapphire stone in the middle, cut into a rectangle with sharp, pointed edges, and silver splashing out on the points.

(a/n here's a pic cause idk how to describe it that well)

"Wow," I said, taking the phone from her to better examine it

"Wow," I said, taking the phone from her to better examine it. "It's beautiful. It's great. You really like it?"

She nodded, grinning wildly.

"Alright. We can get it."

I glanced at the website name at the top.

"The store's near here. It says the ring's in stock. We'll have to get it sized, but I think this is the one I want."

I looked at price. Thankfully, it was affordable. Betty knew we couldn't get anything really expensive right now.

"Wanna go now?" I asked. "Then we can try to find a wedding ring for me."