Always and Forever (Promposal 2)

WARNING: This chapter contains slightly sexual scenes. You have been warned.

So that's why you took so long.

Betty's P.O.V.

Veronica flipped through the dresses for the millionth time. We had already found an outfit for Jughead, since he doesn't care too much about what he's wearing. Not that I really care about what I'm wearing, either, but Veronica sure does.

Every dress I put on either isn't my colour, my style, is too long, too big, too small—but really, I think every dress I've put on in the past four hours were fine.

But, again, Veronica happens to disagree.

She looked pretty satisfied as she pulled out a black and grey sparkly dress from the monstrously enormous selection of dresses, but I didn't even look twice because she'd been making that same face with every other dress she'd found.

"Go try this one on," she said excitedly, pressing the dress into my hands.

"Fine," I mumbled.

I walked back into the dressing room and slipped on the dress . . . only to find that the zipper on the back wouldn't budge.

I groaned in frustration and tried to pull the zipper up, but it wouldn't go up all the way.

Well shit. What am I supposed to do?

I kept straining and struggling for a good five minutes when someone knocked on the dressing room door.

"Betts?" It was Jughead. "What's taking you so long?"

"I can't get the zipper up," I admitted. "You think you can help?"

"Sure."

He came into the room and carefully closed the door behind him, then latched his hand onto the zipper before freezing up.

"Juggy?" I questioned softly.

He slid one hand up to rest on my shoulder, the other one slowly pulling the zipper down, exposing my back.

He knew we couldn't go too far in here, so he settled for removing my arm from one sleeve, pulling me closer to him, and nuzzling the nape of my neck.

I smiled softly and grabbed the hand that was on my hip, twining our fingers.

Out of no where, a loud knock erupted outside our door. Well, on it, really.

"Betty?" Veronica said. "It's been like fifteen minutes. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I called as Jughead quickly zipped my dress back up. "Just a sec."

I quickly fixed my now-messy hair before opening the door. As soon as Veronica saw Jughead, she gave me a look of realization. I could almost read her exact thoughts.

So that's why you took so long.

I blushed in response, then cleared my throat.

"I don't think this dress is it," I said, which wasn't exactly true, since I'd barely looked at myself in it.

"I was hoping you'd say that, because I found an even better one. Better than all the dresses you've tried on so far."

She handed me a silver dress that was short in the front and long in the back. It had a low cut chest, no shoulders, and long, almost baggy sleeves. (If you know what Lili Reinhart wore to the 2018 Met Gala, that's what this dress looks like.)

I didn't think much of the dress at first, but Veronica did say that it was better than the other dresses. She hasn't said that yet.

Jughead was already out of the dressing room and on the phone with his dad, probably trying to explain why he still wasn't home. Jughead was our ride, so without him, we'd have to walk all the way back. We could've called our parents, but they were busy, so they wouldn't have been able to pick us up anyway.

I went back into the dressing room and tried on the dress. This time, Veronica helped with the annoying zipper in the back.

When I looked in the mirror, I almost gasped at how beautiful the dress was, and how well it fit me.

"I'm taking this one," I said immediately after my second of surprise.

Veronica clapped her hands together excitedly and as soon as I changed out of the dress and into my normal clothes, Veronica was out of the dressing room and at the counter paying for the dress that was laid out in front of her.

When we were done, Jughead drove Veronica to her apartment and dropped her off. Then he drove us to our house.

I say our house because his mom bought what was previously my house, and I ended up moving to the Farm before things went haywire and, long story short, I'm living with Jughead, Jellybean, and FP now.

While Jughead explained to his dad why we took so long, I went up to my room and drifted off.

I waited all week for prom and couldn't think about anything else. Then, finally, it arrived.

Veronica came over to help me with my makeup and hair, and when we were finally done, we met Jughead and Archie outside in Archie's car.

We all hastily climbed in and drove off to Riverdale High for prom night.

When we arrived, I followed Jughead to the food table. Veronica and Archie headed to the dance floor.

"I can't believe I'm actually at prom," Jughead said. "I thought I'd never come to one of them."

"But now you're here," I said happily.

"Yeah, because of you." He cupped my face with one hand, his thumb slowly and gently rubbing my cheek. "I love you so much, Betty Cooper."

"I love you too, Jughead Jones."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss.

A slow song started playing on the speakers, and I dragged Jughead to the dance floor near Veronica and Archie who were already slow dancing together.

I slid my arms around Juggy's neck and his hands went to my waist. We began swaying to the music slowly. Slow dancing.

"Wow," I said. "Jughead Jones is actually slow dancing."

"You make me do things I'd never do," he said with a smile.

I lifted one hand and cupped his face, my thumb rubbing. I swept a curled strand of hair out of his face and stared deeply into his soft, blue-green eyes. (A/N I really can't tell if they're blue or green, I look at one picture and they're green, and another and they're blue. Google says they're green but I'll stick with blue-green.)

"Juggy?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you."

He looked down at me, gaze filled with confusion. "For what?"

"For everything." I leaned against his chest, still swaying side to side. "For being here. For being with me, no matter what."

Jughead's arms tightened around my waist. "Of course. I'm always here for you, just like you are for me."

"God, I love you."

"I love you, too, Betty. I always will. Always and forever."

A/N
I honestly really don't like this chapter, but it was requested more than once (as in twice) and I have nothing else to write, so here it is.

Published 05/21/19