Wrong One (Part 2)

WARNING: This chapter contains references to bullying and threatening, and slight self-harm. You have been warned.

Jughead's P.O.V.

When the school bell rang, announcing the end of school for that week (considering it was Friday that day), I ran out the school doors and searched for Betty, my eyes scanning over the crowd of Riverdale High students.

Just as I was about to give up, I spotted a flash of gold and looked up to see Betty's ponytail amongst a group of teenagers. The people in front of her cleared away and I saw her completely.

I quickly glanced around the place. Good; Chuck wasn't here.

"Betty!" I called, waving one arm in the air to attract her attention now that I was caught in a swarm of high schoolers.

I stumbled out of the crowd and her gaze followed me. When she realized who I was, she broke into a grin and tackled me, wrapping me in the tightest hug I've ever received.

"Oh, Juggy," she said, sounding relieved.

I pulled away from the hug and wrapped my fingers around her wrists, holding them lightly. "Is something wrong?"

Tears clouded her eyes as she nodded and replied, "Yes, Jug, something's wrong. I-I—"

I pulled her into another hug and her shoulders dropped, no longer tense.

Then she whispered in my ear, "I don't love Chuck. I don't even like him. I hate him, baby."

Neither of us had gotten used to not calling each other stuff like that, so if we did it we on occasion, it hardly mattered.

My arms tightened around her waist as I pulled her closer than ever.

"It's okay," I whispered. "It's gonna be okay. Tell me the rest at my trailer, okay, Betts?"

She nodded, and when she pulled back, I realized that her cheeks were stained with tears and my jacket shoulder was soaked with them. It didn't matter, though. The only thing that mattered was that something—probably Chuck—was hurting her.

I took her hand and intertwined our fingers. Just to reassure her.

She tried for a smile and leaned up to kiss my cheek. I caressed the side of her face, pulled her in to kiss her forehead, and led her over to my motorcycle.

I handed her my helmet and she clipped it on, then climbed on behind me. I felt her arms slide around my waist, tightening as much as they could as Betty leaned the side of her head against my back.

I ignored the fact that my heart had clearly sped up after Betty kissed me and drove all the way to my trailer without saying anything to her. I knew she needed time to calm down before explaining what was bothering her, anyway.

When we arrived, I checked to see if my dad was there. He wasn't. I hadn't expected him to be, anyway, considering he was busy with work, being the sheriff and all.

I invited Betty in and closed the door behind her as she walked over to the couch and sat down. She looked tense again.

I grabbed a blanket and draped it over her shoulders as I took a seat beside her. She hesitated, her green eyes gazing into my blue ones, before she casually climbed onto my lap and shifted so that she was facing me, straddling me, sitting on her knees.

Before I could say anything, she said, "Chuck forced me into our relationship."

I blinked. "What?"

Betty readjusted the blanket around her and took my beanie off of my head, then placed it on her own.

Somehow, wearing my beanie comforts Betty. I don't know how and I don't know why, but when she gets nervous or chokes up, and it's just us two, she'll slide my beanie off of my raven hair and place it atop her golden locks.

I, for one, like how it looks on her.

"When we broke up, remember how I said I'll always love you?"

I nodded. I had believed that at first, but not so much anymore.

"I was telling the truth," she said. "I didn't even want to break up in the first place."

Betty's P.O.V.

"Wait, what?" Jug said, confusion filling his voice.

"I only broke up with you because Toni was jealous. She seemed so miserable every time we would so much as look at each other, so miserable I was afraid she was going to hurt herself."

As I said the last part, I removed my arms from around his neck and dug my fingernails into my palms, trying to control myself.

"And then . . . That-that's when I broke up with you."

"And about you not eating? Can you tell me the truth?"

God, he knows me so well. Too well.

"About a month after I broke up with you, Chuck pulled me into the janitor's closet and told me I had to be with him; "You're mine or you're dead." And he told me that I had to stop eating and called me a fat cow."

Tears were now blurring my vision. I closed my eyes and let them fall down onto my cheeks as quiet sobs escaped my lips.

Jug slipped his thumbs between my fingers and palms, stopping my nails from going any deeper. I opened my eyes just as he began rubbing the scars slowly.

"Betty, don't hurt yourself," he said.

I took a deep breath and nodded.

Jug enclosed my hands inside of his and kissed mine, gently, just like he did back in the booth at Pop's on his birthday. When we were together.

"And don't worry, Betty," he said. "I heard you. I'm going to make sure Chuck gets what he deserves."

I looked at him. His gaze was still on our hands. Mine wasn't. It was just on him, his raven hair, his blue-green eyes, his lips.

His lips . . .

Just as I thought that, Jug glanced up at me. My breath hitched in my throat.

"Love," I said, caressing his cheek. He straightened. "Thank you, my love. Thank you so much."

Juggy smiled. "No problem."

I lifted my other hand to cup the other side of his face, and I sat there, straddling his lap, his head in my hands.

I exhaled, as if in relief, as Jug slowly removed the blanket from my back and set it aside. One hand went to the side of my face, the other in my hair.

I tried to snap out of it and smiled back as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I leaned in and kissed his cheek. Then the other one. Then . . .

Then I kissed his lips.

A/N
Part three will most likely be the last part to this. Depends how long it ends up being. It will most likely not be up tomorrow, since I'm pretty busy. Family stuff. That's why I travelled in the first place, so I kind of have to spend time with them. But since I already know how part three is gonna go, it won't take too long until it's published.
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. I love every single one of you, you all mean the world to me ❤️❤️❤️

Published 06/05/19