二十六 | Chapter 26 | Arc 0.26

❝𝔸 𝕙𝕖𝕣𝕠 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕟 𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕣𝕪 𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕕𝕦𝕒𝕝 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕖𝕟𝕘𝕥𝕙 𝕥𝕠 𝕡𝕖𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕚𝕟 𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕓𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕔𝕝𝕖𝕤❞

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

❝Watch out, behind you!❞ Reina screamed as the girls who were trailing behind moved to the side, avoiding the attack of the hand demon from grabbing onto them but the impact was powerful and strong, enough to blow them away from the ground and crashed against onto the trees nearby, harshly.

She was prepared to use her body to soften the crash but she couldn't as she was suddenly turn to face the other way, arms wrapped around her as a loud thud was heard along with a groan causing her to panicked, releasing herself from his arms as she turn to checked on the male ❝Sabito, are you okay?! Why did you-❞

❝A real man would never let a woman been harm whether she's strong or weak...❞ Finally, he look up at her, gray orbs meeting pale blue ones ❝A real man will never back down from protecting what's precious to him...❞ With that, he smile in relief.

She couldn't move, all of her movements were put into a pause, feeling her body temperature heating up as she felt her heart beating rapidly, heartbeat echoed through her eyes and she could swore her face was beet red right ❛What is this...?❜ She thought, confused were all over her face.

That's your heart.

❛My heart...What's that?❜

Dear Lord, don't tell me you've been living under a rock this whole time?

❛Uhh... No?❜

Do I really have to explain this? Geez you're hopeless as hell...

❛But It's not my faults though...❜

Fine...The heart is just a strong muscle that functions to pump blood all over the body. The heart has nerves that mainly sense pain, and changes in rate and rhythm of the heartbeat. We have an old brain or reptilian brain responsible for survival. We have an intermediate or limbic brain responsible for emotions and love. We have a new or neocortex brain responsible for conscious decisions and at will actions. Love is perceived by the intermediate or limbic brain. When we see the beloved, the intermediate or limbic brain releases chemicals that causes the heart to beat faster and stronger. The heart is the servant of the master, the brain and the heart is also the core for demons like us.