"What is this place?"

"an abandoned house that is partially burned down."

"Now I'm scared." I answered truthfully, looking into his eyes.

He stifled a laugh, shaking his head.

"Grace, I'm not some psychopathic murderer. I just think it's peaceful here."

"So why are you carrying me?"

"Because the grass is all wet and you're wearing sandals."

I wrapped my arms tightly around Harry as he walked through the tall blades of grass and weeds. Harry and his mood swings. It's like he has split personality but he always somehow manages to make me feel like this. I feel like I could have a heart attack at any moment when he is around. I feel like we're the only two people on earth right now.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you in the car...again. I'm a fucking idiot."

"You're not an idiot."

Harry walked a ways further until an old Victorian style house came into view. Woods surrounded the place and Harry set me down on a picnic table in the front yard. He was right; this place was peaceful. I loved it. I don't know why, but I loved it.

"I'm surprised I never knew about this place before."

"Apparently the church down the road owns it now but they don't know if they want to renovate or tear it down."

"I hope it stays here."

"Me too."

Harry sat down right beside me, the sides of our bodies pressed against each other. I sucked in a breath as he effortlessly pulled my body into his lap. He positioned me so that I was facing him, my legs on either side of his waist. Why did being so close to him feel so natural? His face was so close to mine and I could really see every speck in his green eyes.

"I'm sorry. I just need to be close to you when I tell you this."

At this moment, I knew that whatever Harry had to say was important.

Harry's POV

I took a deep breath, somehow wishing she was even closer to me. I wanted this girl to be mine so bad and Liam had to fucking ruin that. No you fucking ruined it, I reminded myself. I shook my head, thankful that I at least had her for now.

"My dad showed up."

"What?" Grace gasped.

"Yeah. He was there when I got home the other day. He didn't touch my mum and only got a couple of hits in with me but...he took everything we had. Not our belongings but all of our money. He was drunk off his ass and we didn't know what else to do so we just let him. He pretty much threatened to kill us if we went to the cops. At least, I know that is what he was implying."

I wasn't looking into her eyes but when I did, it hurt more than anything. Tears rolled down her flushed cheeks and my heart literally ached. I never wanted her to cry. I brushed away her tears with the pads of my thumbs.

"Don't cry Grace. It's fine."

"It's not fine. He hit you."

"Look at me. I'm okay."

She slowly lifted her eyes up to meet mine, running her finger over my busted lip.

"You're not okay. Look at you. You're all bruised and battered and you didn't deserve it."

"I know but I really am fine. My headache hurts worse than all of it."

I wrapped my arms around her tightly and she cried even more into my shoulder.

Be Mine? || Harry Stylesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें