Side Story. 2

I jolt awake, my body in a cold sweat. For the past week I had been having the same nightmare and it would wake me up in the middle of the night.

The nightmare would shake me up so much that it would make my body tremble and cry.

It was of me failing everything, ruining everything, losing everything even my sisters and parents. I never knew why but every nightmare, I would lose everything in a different way leaving me all alone.

Slowly I stood up, trying not to wake up my roommates before sneaking down the stairs and into the living room with my blanket in hand.

Sitting down on the couch, I wrapped my body with my blanket and broke down in tears.

I stayed like that for hours, just holding my knees in my arms and letting my tears fall until they ran out.

"Chaeryeong?" A voice called out and I jumped.

Peeking out from my blanket, my eyes met with Han's soft brown ones.

Not saying anything, I just faced the front again and covered my head with my blanket.

"Chaeryeong? What's wrong?" The sound of his footsteps echoed through the room and soon I felt my blanket being slowly pulled from my face.

When he saw my puffy red eyes he immediately hopped onto the space beside me and placed an arm around my body.

"Chaeryeong talk to me, whats wrong?" Han asked again but I couldn't say anything, scared that my voice would crack and my emotions would come pouring out.

Han seemed to notice and sighed. He pulled one side of my blanket and covered himself with it also.

Now Han and I were both in the blanket, wrapped close together, body heat warming each other.

With his arm that was wrapped around me, he pulled me into his body and used his other hand to softly pat my head.

"It's okay, don't say anything, just relax and know i'm here now" he spoke in a soft tone.

I listened to his slow breath and his hearts soothing beat.

We stayed like that for a long time, just in each others presence. When I finally calmed down, I pulled away from his chest and looked up at Han.

"Are you okay now?" Han asked.

"Yes, thank you" I replied.

Han went to move away from me when he realised how close he was but I quickly grabbed his wrist.

"No. Don't go" I said quietly, looking up at his eyes with mine.

Han seemed to look down at me for a few seconds, he eyes showing an emotion I was not familiar with.

Then almost like it was in slow motion, he bent down and placed a soft kiss on my lips. It felt like a zap went through my whole body.

He pulled away and looked down at me again.

"Can I do that again?" Han asked.

"Yes" I replied and this time, the kiss was longer and more passionate.

Eyes closed, we stayed like that for a while before we both pulled away for a breath.

Without saying anything else, Han wrapped both arms around my waist and laid down on the couch, covering our bodies with the blanket.

There, were laid in a comfortable silence before eventually we both fell asleep.