Walking And Talking

Start from the beginning

"You promised." I clenched my jaw.

"I know-"

"No, you promised me no more therapy."

"Lola, he just wants to help you."

"We made a deal!" I yelled. "This isn't fair, mom."

"I'm just trying to help you."

"No, you want me to look normal, you don't want to accept me."

"I just want you to get some help."

"For what? There's nothing wrong with me."

"You stay up in your room all day, you sit in front of a tombstone every now and then, you don't tell us about your day-"

"That's called being a teenager, mother. I sit in front of that tombstone to remind myself that I had someone who geniuly cared about me, who knew me."

"I know you, Lola."

"Really, mom?" She nodded. "Who's my favorite artist?"

"That's not fair, I don't know any music this generation."

"But you know who's Lulu favorite singer is?"

"Hilary Duff."

I shook my head and backed up to the door. "Bye mom." I slammed the door and screamed once I was out if the house. She has no right to make the decision of me having a therapy session with a psychiatrist. She doesn't have a clue, at all, of who I am. I'm just her problem child.

"She has no idea, who I am," I muttered.

"What happened?" He asked, walking up to me and hugging me.

"Mom scheduled me an appointment with, with Max's dad," I said with disgust.

"I'm keeping you out late," He said with a dead serious look.

"Thanks but I can handle myself," I said, taking his hand and leading him to his car.

"Slow down, Heart."

"It's almost ten and I don't know what time Piper gets out."

He pulled hand away and I turned around, confused. He rubbed the back of his neck and avoided eye contact. "I may have called her earlier and asked what time she gets out."

"What time?"

"Eleven-thirty."

"So what do we do in the mean time?"

"Well . . . I was thinking that . . . Um . . . " He sighed and chuckled. "I don't know why I'm nervous."

I watched him bite his lip ring, which made me feel this blissful feeling inside every time he does. His low chuckle when he's nervous and his blue eyes wondering else where. I felt this state of euphoria, like I want to stay and never leave.

"Why don't we . . . You know . . . "

I chuckled. "Go play some pool?"

He looked at me, wide eyed then formed a toothy smile. "Yeah, let's play some pool."

"Well, are we going to stand here all day or are we going to the pub?" I smiled, walking up to him and grabbing his hand.

"Yeah, but let's walk."

"Why?"

"Because . . . " He started swing our hands back and forth as we strolled along the sidewalk. "It means I get to spend more time with you, talk to you, understand  why you like walking in the first place."

"So you want to understand why I like walking?" He nodded. "It gives me time to think, tried to figure out ways I can crack the case."

"Anything else?"

"I think about a lot while walking."

"Any specific thought?"

I smiled at him. "I think about this blue eyed boy with a piercing on his lip."

"Oh really?" He asked, surprise. I nodded. "What do you think about him?" He asked playfully

"I think he's weird, he always holds my hand and kisses me."

"Maybe I need to talk to this guy, tell him not to mess with my girl."

"You're girl?"

"Yeah, my girl. If he's messing around with you, I need to teach him a lesson."

I bursted into laughter as I shoved him a little. I love him when he's playful. Love? Do I love him?

Wait, no Lola, don't think about that stuff! My subconscious yells at me. It's right, I don't even know what love is, let alone know how to fall in love.

"Hey, you alright?" He squeezed my hand.

I nodded. "Yeah, just thinking of ways to kick your ass at pool." I smirked.

"In your dreams, Heart."

"I know I can beat you at pool."

"Sure." He sang.

"I can and I will prove it to you."

"Okay, let's make a bet."

I raised a brow, letting go of his hand. "Another one?"

"No, that was a deal, this is a bet."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "What is it?"

"If I win . . . " He wrapped his arms around my waist. "You stay at my place."

"And if I win?"

"We can do whatever you want for a whole day."

"But we already do that." I chuckled.

He sighed. "Fine, what do you want if you win?"

I thought for a while. Should I do something to embarrass him or something I've always wanted to do? Maybe I should do something I haven't done in a while?

"You have to drive me somewhere," I answered.

"Where?"

"Somewhere." I stepped away from his grasp and walked ahead of him