Epilogue

The day I never thought would come is happening today. After twelve years of free school and another four that costs thousands of dollars, I'm graduating from college. A college that actually wanted me.

"We're running late," Ash said, peeping into my room.

"It's in two hours," I said, fixing my hair in the mirror.

"I don't want to be late," he whined.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my cap. "Knowing you, you're going to be late. Some how, some way."

"L-"

"Don't argue with the facts," I chuckled as I walked out of my room.

"Fine, I'll ride with you!" He yelled as I put on my heels that Lulu sent me.

"Then we're leave now!" I yelled back.

"So . . . " he sang, stopping in front of me. "Is he coming?"

I shrugged. I honestly didn't know if Luke was coming anymore. We got into a fight a few weeks ago about where I'm going to live. He wanted to go back to Australia, but I already got a job offering in California as a detective. I wasn't ready to leave the country just yet, but I wanted to go with him. The main reason of the fight was me giving up the job to go with him, because he wanted me to stay here.

"He'll come around," he said, patting my arm.

"It's up to him if he wants to come, I'm not forcing him to get his ass down here." I walked past him and yanked open our apartment door. I waited in the car for Ash, I didn't want to stay up there and listen to how I should just go with Luke's plan. I don't care if Luke wants me to stay here, I want to move to Australia with him. After four years of trying to work out our relationship, I finally want to do something he wants to do.

"You can't keep walking away every time I talk about it," Ash said as he got in the car.

"I love Luke and I want us to be together. I want to go with him and we both want that. I don't see why he wants me to stay here," I said as we finally got on the road. Traffic is hell here. I hate waiting for the cars to fucking move, especially when I need to desperately go somewhere.

"You were offered a job here. We're going to be fresh out of college and you already have people begging you to work for them."

"I can work in Australia," I retorted. He makes it sound like I won a million bucks every time he explains it like that. A job is a job. You make money and pay taxes with them. There's nothing really amazing about working for the rest of your life.

I heard my phone ring and I sighed. I glanced at Ashton as he held my phone. "He's calling," he points out, stating the obvious.

"You can answer it, I don't really care," I said as I parked the car.

I really didn't feel like talking to him since Ash keeps bringing it up. I have to admit that it makes me feel bad that Luke doesn't want me to go to Australia. We actually want the same fucking damn thing for once. But of course, he has to do the opposite of what I want. He has to be so damn difficult.

"Talk to him."

The ringing stopped and I grabbed my phone. "Let's go and get our diploma."

I stood in line as people waited for their diploma. Lulu kept yelling my name and waving a banner around. Calum pulled her to sit down, but she swatted his hands away and kept yelling. I was up, I took my diploma and shook hands with some people I didn't know or bothered to remember. Once I got off stage, I looked back at the people that are here for me. He scooted his way in and sat next to Anne.