Chapter Three

Yoongi hung up the phone, his eyes staring at nothing.

"Well?" Hoseok prompted from his side. "What happened? I heard the blast through the phone all the way over here so don't say 'nothing'."

Yoongi slowly faced him, his mouth opened to speak, but no words came out.

Hoseok stopped, his own eyes wide as well. He saw Yoongi's expression and gasped, his hands jumping up to cover his mouth. "No...no, that- that's impossible! You aren't serious...you- you can't be serious!"

"Hoseok-" Yoongi tried but his voice cracked.

His partner backed up, shaking his head. "No, I won't believe it until I see the body!"

"There wouldn't be a body-" Yoongi tried to explain, but Hoseok let out an anguished cry and ran off before he could finish.

Yoongi watched him run out of the room. Bowing his head, he bit his lip so hard he tasted blood.

Suddenly he let out a scream and smashed his fist down on the table, knocking over a cup of pens and sending the papers cascading to the floor.

He was going to destroy Kim Seokjin.

-

Namjoon and Jimin burst into his office.

"Honey!" Jimin cried, running over.

"We came as soon as we heard the news." Namjoon said, breathing hard as if they had actually run all the way back. "Why didn't anyone tell us sooner about the explosion!?"

Jimin raced behind Yoongi's desk and wrapped him tightly in a hug from behind. "I'm so glad you're alright! I'm sure Jungkook is okay, he just has to be!"

Yoongi stood up abruptly, shoving Jimin off him.

The younger man stumbled back, shocked at the outburst.

"H-honey?"

"First Hoseok and now you!" Yoongi shouted, whipping his head around to Jimin, eyes blazing.

Jimin shrunk back, his eyes wide.

"What are you talking-"

Yoongi cut Namjoon off. "Don't you guys get it? Jungkook isn't okay, he'll never be okay! He's fucking dead! Do you hear me?" He was shaking. "He was caught in a fucking explosion! No one survives that! This isn't a movie or a god damn story! He's dead! He's gone! Stop saying he'll be okay, because he's not!"

Namjoon set his expression into a stony frown. "We don't know that yet for sure, they're still clearing out the area-"

Yoongi tossed his head back, letting out a harsh laugh. "Oh, do you think he got out just in time and decided to go get donuts?"

He glared at Namjoon. "We had the entire perimeter surrounded. No one saw anyone run back out before the blast happened."

"But maybe they just didn't see him," Jimin tried, getting up from the floor.

"If that was the case why hasn't he called or texted us to let us know he's alive?" Yoongi snapped.

Jimin stuttered, not having an answer.

"Exactly," Yoongi muttered, shaking his head.

"That's enough!" Namjoon shouted, taking a step closer. "We're all hurting here, there's no need to be so cold!"

"Cold?" Yoongi narrowed his eyes. "You think I'm being cold?"

"I think you're being a fucking dick." Namjoon hissed, getting into Yoongi's face.