Correct me if I'm wrong, but I made an opinion

I know 9/11 was tragic, but I feel like the US is sort of overusing it? 

I'm just gonna get to the point. I don't think our government actually cares that much about it. They need to present an excuse to the public for their imperialism. And the internal tragedies we have (AKA school shootings) are pretty overlooked. Also, the deaths from those are spread out between lots of smaller shootings, so they not as shocking.

The memory of 9/11 is still pretty fresh in a lot of people's minds. So when they're reminded of it, they more lenient with what they'll tolerate with the government. 

From 2003 to mid 2011, nearly half a million people have died from war in Iraq. What happened in 2003? The US invaded. And they got to invade because everyone was scared and ready to point fingers.

^according to the BBC

More people died in Hurricane Maria than in 9/11. That was because the hurricane was made stronger because of global warming, but people are still in denial of the VERY EXISTENCE of climate change because it doesn't help them. Hardly any aid was even sent to Puerto Rico. 

And New York has an entire beautiful museum to commemorate the lives lost in 9/11. I've been, and it's incredibly moving. As it should be. Nearly 3,000 deaths is a tragedy. But so was slavery. So was the trail of tears. So were internment camps. America's history is riddled with tragedy, but we don't dedicate massive memorials to those because they're our fault.

There's a very nice memorial to the holocaust in many states. And look! America's so great! We saved everyone! We stopped the holocaust! Those germans are pretty mean but A M E R I C A!!! There is proof that the US government knew the holocaust was happening two years before the end of the war, but they did nothing. I mean what? Because America's great! The saviors! The freedom fighters! 

And look now! Tragedy has struck! 9/11! Terrorists! All people from the Middle East are terrorists!!1!!!! 

I'm not saying 9/11 wasn't awful, I'm just saying the US is.