Representation

So there are people who think asexuality should't be part of the LGBTQ+ community, which is absolute bullshit, but I do think we're a little different?

Like there will be people supporting the LGBTQ+ community with pictures of guys and girls  kissing, and saying "love who you love," and obviously I'm for that, but every time I see them I kind of feel disgusted because I can't stand seeing people kiss, and there's always that part that's like, "okay but what about me?"

Which I KNOW sounds really selfish and stuff, and I KNOW that when they say they support the LGBTQ+ community, I'm included in that, but it's just that I guess I feel like an afterthought?

Like I saw this thing that Beyonce was publicly supporting LGBTQ+ people in a speech, and one of the first things she said was how her uncle (I think it was her uncle) died of HIV complications, which is awful, but that means he had sex, which I have no interest in. I feel like people always bring up stories about a loved one who was affected by an STI, and that makes sense with the AIDS crisis and all because that affected a lot of people and brought up a lot of homophobia, but no one shares a story about their asexual friend or aromantic friend (there literally aren't any of us, but there are so many celebrities that at least ONE of them has to have an ace friend).

And most people, especially within the community (as more than allies (not to attack them or anything)), are good about counting asexuals as part of it, but I feel like we get lost somewhere in there.