Friends with benefits is an allo/allo only thing ig

So I have a new friend (yay me), but anyway my best friend and my new friend and I were waiting after school because we had a but of time before our games started (they play volleyball, y'all know what I play).

And before I keep going, I'm gonna give them names. My best friend is Bella and the new one is Kennedy.

So Bella and Kennedy got Ben and Jerrys with UberEats and we were eating it and talking and stuff and we were talking about who our parents discriminated against, and then Kennedy said her dad thought everyone fit into gay, straight, or bi, and if they thought they didn't, they were confused.

And asexuality came up (I'm not out to Kennedy). Bonus points to Kennedy for knowing that aromanticism exists. But anyway then she goes, "but some people are aromantic but have sexual attraction, and that's so weird."

So fun fact about me: I talk really loud when I get nervous or need to get my point across or whatever, so when I need to correct someone about something they think about aces and aros, I'm basically screaming.

I don't think I started yelling at her, but who knows.

So I explained that they're generally best friends with their partners, and she said she didn't think so.

Excuse you, ma'am, but do you know anything about any if this?? I think not.

She came around to common sense, so we're still friends, but yeah there are so many misconceptions about aspec people and stuff and it's annoying.