Another idea!!

This story is at 5K starry upvote things!! Thanks so much!!!!!

Okay so I was thinking about how none of us are the main character, but I still want some screen time, so I think we should do something ~moviesque~ to get the director's attention.

So because we're all minority characters, the obvious choice is something tragic because killing people seems to be the optimal form of representation for directors. But also that doesn't seem very fun, so we're not gonna do that.

We're a pretty big group? Like not super big, but sizable, and  v e r y  spread out, so I think if we want to get some screen time, we should maybe do something about ~connectedness~

I don't know. We all listen to the same song at the same time? That sounds quite deep and stuff, and it gives them the opportunity for a whole music swell and having clips of everyone flash onscreen. Very theatrical. But that also seems very awkward to just kinda sit there while a song is playing, and I would forget to do it, and I think we'd all forget to do it tbh.  

I don't actually have a good idea for this, just throwing it out there :)

Also I realized how awkward it would be if someone I knew was ace and they were reading through this and then got to the part where I introduce myself and they're like "oh shit it's Rose." Sam already read it, but that's different because I gave them permission. Just someone from my school or one of my brothers' friends or I don't know. Somebody. 

Anyway if you happen to know me in real life and you're ace, hit me up because I want to know real life aces :)

Oh!! I also had another idea!!

So what if until people are 17, they're not allowed to really talk about sex or dating or any of that. You know those movies by the Straights that are like "what if love was illegal?!?!?!?!??!" Like that level of taboo. For everyone. Everyone gets very good and comprehensive sex education, and everyone learns about sexual orientation and gender identity and all of that, but they can't talk about it to anyone or do anything.

Pros of this:

1) it would get rid of the problem of people saying gays' entire personalities are talking about being gay because everyone would be finally unrepressed, so everyone would talk about it excessively for a bit

2) Education about all sexualities means people WOULD ACTUALLY LEARN WHAT IT MEANS TO BE ASEXUAL and no none of us would think we're broken

3) Homophobia would probably be less existent because no one could teach kids that being gay is bad because no one could mention anyone liking each other to kids. 

4) If there's less bigotry so people are more open about their sexualities combined with people knowing asexuality exists, maybe we could actually find other aces in real life hmmmmmm?????????????

5) No middle school couples and hardly any high school couples making out in hallways

6) We wouldn't have to listen to people talk about sex and dating constantly for the first 16 years, and once they're allowed to, we could just find the others aces and aros

I wouldn't do the same for gender because that would unfairly hurt trans people who would have to wait until they were seventeen to take hormones and live with dysphoria until then (I know at the moment a lot of people have to wait longer, but we're talking about a society we're creating, so I've decided already that there wouldn't be any disbelief in someone being trans or enby, and hormones and surgery would be free)

Thoughts?