"Alvia!" What's with the expression? I tilted my head and notice no one was chasing her.

"Why ... ugh! Never mind. Your mother told me that you had chosen Kathryn. That is good news but that is not why I'm here," this is quite serious. Annabelle never acted like this before.

"What is it then?" I asked.

"It's Kathryn's family. The house that was given to them by my family was burned down. A thorough investigation has provided me with some evidence that someone has set up the fire around the house. I gave Kathryn permission to leave the palace so she could be with her family. I thought that now you had chosen her to be your bride, you might want to know what's happening," their house we burned down?!

"Did anyone got hurt?"

"Fortunately, they were not home at the time," thank god!

"Where are they now?" I asked while grabbing my phone and wallet.

"They're at their old house. I'll show you the way if you want to see them," I stood up from my chair and was about to follow Annabelle out when Frederick grabbed my wrist.

"My emperor, your appointments?"

"Meet them in my stead. I hope you understand that I can't just ignore her now that she's facing some trouble. It would make me feel guilty if I continue with today's agenda while she's facing this hardship alone," Fred finally let go of my wrist.

"Fine," I gave him a small smile before following Annabelle. We went to the garage and threw her a set of keys. We just don't have the leisure to wait for the driver to prepare the car.

"It's been a while since I drive a car," Annabelle said when she's in the driver seat. Maybe I should drive them.

"It's fine. It'll be easier if I drive," I hope I made the right choice. Now the question that has been on my mind, who orchestrated this? Who burned down their house?

Why did they burn it down?

Was it to kill Kathryn's family? Why?

Was it because Kathryn was chosen to be the next empress?

Did the Resistance plan this?

I just hope I find the right answer as soon as possible.

***

When we arrived at the Park residence, there was a police car right in front of their house. Annabelle parked the car behind the police and we both got out. The officer who stood guard by the door was surprised to see us both.

"My emperor!" He bows his head in front of me.

"I would like to enter this home, excuse us," he took a side step and let us through. Annabelle was the first to enter the house while I followed suit. Inside, I noticed a few smaller kids sitting side by side obviously shocked to see us.

"Hey guys," Kathryn parents look up to us while they were talking to a couple of police officers. They're eyes widen when they saw me standing behind Annabelle.

"Emperor Alvia!" The officer immediately bows their head to show respect. I raised my hand and let them be at ease.

"Where's Kathryn?" I asked.

"What are you doing here?" My eyes widen when I saw that she hurt herself.

"Did I mentioned that she almost killed herself while saving her little brother, Johnny," I face Annabelle who's avoiding eye contact.

"No, you didn't! How could you not tell me about this sooner!"

"Shut it! What are you guys doing here? Aren't you supposed to have packed schedule today?" How was it that I ended up being a lectured by her?