➸ TRUST ISSUES

The God of Mischief stood on top of Mt. Everest, out of all the places he could go he had to choose the one with snow and ice. He could feel his powers rising, he started to rub his palms in order to stop but it did nothing, his chest heaved up and down at his rapid breathing, he couldn't find the strength to control it and he didn't know why.

"Stop." 

He muttered as he saw his palms glow green and gold, it was usually just green. His hands started to shake and he didn't know what to do, he pulled out his phone to call at least one of the Avengers so he could ask what he should do, but then he remembered that they lied to him and so the phone fell on the snowy ground along with his knees.

The moment his eyes landed on the phone he couldn't help but be disgusted at his reflection. Blue veins were starting to crawl up his neck, his right eye was crimson red while the other tried to remain its green hue, he felt as if his body was getting torn apart by his power both fighting for dominance, he didn't know what to do especially when his hands grew brighter by the second along with the voice he despised most;

"I told you." 

"Failure."

"You think anyone would trust the God of Lies himself?" 

"You will kill them all one day." 

"Just let go and unleash the chaos."

"You were always going to be their doom." 

"I SAID ENOUGH!" 

A strong surge of power exploded on top of the mountain, green and gold engulfed the whole place as snow rumbled down, the rocks cracked as the strong wind created a blizzard leaving the god on his knees with no more than dirt on the ground, no traces of snow around him at all. He breathed heavily yet his heart still pumped rapidly, he stared at the ground and the destroyed phone, he watched as the blue veins slowly disappeared and both his green eyes came into view. 

He started to question it all, the matter was so small yet it caused this kind of reaction, he could rival the Hulk's anger at this level. He was used to insults and all that but why was this such a big issue? He knew from the beginning that people would doubt trusting him, he himself lied so easily yet why such the loss of control. He was usually the composed one, it made no sense at all. 

"Loki?" 

The god looked up and saw Angela's worried face, the moment the goddess saw this her heart broke, her little brother looked so broken yet he couldn't accept it. Like a child, he pushed himself to his feet and threw his body towards his sister, his arms wrapping around her as his tears poured down on its own. Angela clung to him so tight and started rubbing circles up and down his back, they sunk to their knees with her little brother still wrapped around her,

"I-I don't know what's happening to me." The prince stuttered as he hugged her tightly, afraid that she too would disappear like Thor, "I'm going to kill everyone here." 

Angela shook her head vigorously and pulled away from their hug, she cupped her brother's face and stared into his tear-stained eyes, "You are not. You're their savior, remember?" 

"B-But I can't control myself anymore, I lose control so often and I-I don't even know my full capabilities." Loki replied with fear as he stared at his hands, "Maybe Thanos is right, a time will come where I will not be able to distinguish what is real from not. When that happens I will destroy everything, I could hurt you, I could hurt Thor or Mother, even Father. I d-don't want that." 

"And you won't." The Goddess of Hunt stated firmly as he pulled his head to look up at her, she searched his eyes for any sign of belief in her words but only found doubt, he needed more assurance, "You were given this kind of power because you deserve it, because no one in this universe can handle it as you can."