Chapter 50 : Friends

LISA'S POV

The sound of the clock hanging on the white wall of the hospital echoed throughout the deserted hallway. Staring at the second hand move, I was suddenly hypnotized. Only Yaya's crying still echoed in my ears and I was helpless in front of them. Yes, we were told a few hours ago that his father had finally passed away. After many attempts at resuscitation, he had definitely left us. I got the news when I was in the studio from Yaya who was panicked on the phone. I didn't take long to realize what had happened. 

I had been back from New York for a week and no surprise, my research did not meet my expectations but I had mentally prepared to face a failure. That's why as soon as I got back, I had already taken a look at the next flights. I had planned to first manage all my important appointments before deciding to buy a ticket. However, the loss of Mr. Sperbund was going to be an obstacle and it was clear that I would not be able to return to it soon. 

I was waiting for Yaya to finish talking to the doctor. I was thinking about offering her a ride before I dropped her off at her house. It was clear that she was having one of the worst moments of her life and as a friend, I think it was important to support her in these moments. I didn't want her to think that she was alone facing the problems and that despite our separation, it wasn't going to stop me from being there for her. I was not only worried about her but also about Lia. I had the opportunity to pick her up from school and so I was able to meet her teacher. She reassured me that I shouldn't worry about it, that psychologists were at her service if she noticed that the child's attitude had changed. According to her, Lia may feel sad sometimes, but thanks to her friends, she soon forgets her grief and starts smiling again. Honestly, I was relieved to hear that because I was afraid that our break-up would have huge consequences on her, although it was inevitable, but I wanted at best to protect her. I hope one day she will understand the reason and she will of course know who is her real father. 

Tired of sitting around, I decided to take a walk because I was getting depressed when I saw the painful faces of families. If I kept watching them, I would certainly fall into a depression. So I walked along the hallways where there were large windows. It allowed daylight to pass through the building or you would feel like you were locked in an asylum. 

I was about to turn the corner to take the elevator when I saw Yaya down the hall talking to Bobby. I didn't know what they were talking about, but by analyzing their body language, I figured out that Bobby was reassuring Yaya. I was more or less aware that their relationship was quite tense. Honestly, I was glad she gave him a chance as a friend. It may sound weird to say it, but I'm happy she ran into Bobby instead of another guy because I know he's a good person and he would never hurt Yaya. The fact that he has been able to wait for her for all these years is enough to show how sincere his love is.

Yaya was starting to cry and she was suddenly weak and fragile that Bobby had taken her in his arms. I would probably have been jealous when I saw them, but strangely enough, a smile appeared on my lips. Finally a good thing was happening in my life. That's when I realized that Bobby would probably take over and take care of her because she really deserved someone who loved and adored her. So I sent a quick message to Bobby to take her home because I knew he had reached the end of his shift today. I no longer had to worry about her anymore and that's absolutely something good. 

I was finally back in my new house which was half full of furniture which reminded me that I would have to spend my free time unpacking the rest of the boxes that were lying on the floor and cluttering the way according to Rosé. Lying lifeless in the couch, I looked at the walls of the living room, which I found a little too bland to like. Maybe I should bring some joy back to this house if I didn't want Lia to be scared and end up believing that I bought a haunted house. It is true that the condition of the house was not recent but I believe a few tinkering and it will be as good as new. Besides, I wasn't really going to complain because it was right next to the studio. Even if it was missing a roof, I would still have taken it.