Chapter 43 : Akio

RUBY JANE'S POV

After thinking for days about Yaya, I thought maybe it was smart to try to talk to Lisa about it. I know I shouldn't do that, but maybe I didn't like the idea that she would be ignorant for the rest of her life. The other reason I didn't dare talk to her about it was that she was going through a difficult time as well. She had to be with her wife despite the fact that I was very irritated by the idea, but as a human I understood that it was not easy to see a loved one dying in front of your eyes, especially when they were your parents. 

Yes, I, Ruby Jane, have compassion.

Lisa was back at the studio. She had explained to me that she had almost no time left, especially that she was taking care of her daughter, but that she was relieved to be able to count on her team, but everything was temporary. Also, she was quite worried if bigger projects come up because she took every detail into account no matter what she did. I really appreciate her motivation and perseverance. 

Name one fault in this human.

So I went there. I came to the studio so often that the staff was used to it and didn't even have to ask me anything anymore since they all knew very well that I was only coming to see Lisa. I'm sure some of them are curious about our relationship and some of them even realized what was going on between us, but none of them dared to ask me. Actually, I wouldn't hide it because I don't see the point in hiding the evidence, right? 

When I arrived at the door, I knocked when I heard the come in. She was sitting behind her desk making touching up the portraits. She seemed so focused on what she was doing that I didn't want to disturb her. She lifted her head from her screen when she saw that I wasn't saying anything.

"Hey, I'm sorry... I'm trying to finish as soon as possible because I have customers coming in soon."

"I know, don't worry. I'm just gonna sit here and read this nice magazine while you finish your work." I took one of the magazines that was scattered on the marble coffee table. I sat comfortably in the chair while Lisa was watching me with a playful look. She giggled before focusing again on her work. I took a few glances where I saw her immersing in her universe with her frowned eyebrows and expressions that I thought were adorable. If she wasn't so busy, I would have asked her to lift me up and take me to her table right away.

It's definitely something I'll ask for later.

We remained silent for a couple of minutes. You could hear the keystrokes and the sound of the pages of magazines being flipped. I wasn't really interested in what was in my magazine, but I was wondering if this was an opportunity to maybe talk about it. I was literally debating internally whether it was smart or not. I weighed the pros and cons with all kinds of arguments, but before I could conclude, my question had already come out of my mouth.

"Lisa, I have a question?" she raised her head and looked at me waiting for me to continue. At that moment, a new feeling appeared. It was weird to finally feel it when all my life I heard people complaining about it; stress and nervousness, "How would you react if Yaya had lied to you about something all your life?"

"And why would she lie to me?"

"Imagine that she made a big mistake, which has had a major impact until now."

"I don't think I understand what you're getting at, Ruby Jane," she had completely stopped typing on her keyboard. Her face had become slightly tense, which made her older.

"What if she's cheating on you?" I said in a frustrated tone. She was shocked by what I had just said but her expression was quickly replaced by a mocking face.