"Sir he...he was with the property managers wanting my Mother's house. Those people won't leave me alone-"

"Y/N stop. A customer is a customer. It doesn't matter what he wants to speak about you can't talk to customers like that!"

"I...I'm sorry."

Your voice is breathless and defeated as your eyes fall to your shoes, the leather from your boots beginning to crack from overuse.

"Look...Y/N..."

Aw man....

"I'm sorry, but I can't have an employee that isn't dependable. I've tried to work with your schedule and it just isn't working."

"Sir...please...I can't lose this job...this is the only way I'm paying for my mom....please I promise I won't ever be late again I'll be a ball of fricken sunshine if you'll just let me keep working."

Tears well in your eyes as you stare at your manager, a deep sigh escaping into the silent room.

"Alright. Alright fine but this is the last chance you get Y/N. I'm not going to give you another one."

"Yes Sir."

You turn around and wipe a stray tear from your cheek as you join Hoseok once again behind the counter, his finger sliding a coffee across the table.

"You look like You need a double chocolate frappè with extra chocolate and whipped cream."

"You know me so well Hobi."

Your coworker smiles at you and pats your shoulder before taking coffee to a table, returning with a glum look on his face.

"Apparently low far whipped cream isn't low fat enough."

"What?"

You give him a sofr chuckle and watch him simply scoop the whipped cream off the top and return it to the table, his teddy bear brown eyes looking at you with a glint of mischief.

"You know that wasn't right Hobi."

"So? She insulted my whipped cream."

With a playful eyeroll Hoseok bumps his hip against yours and looks at you, the warmth in his gaze sending a chill down your spine.

"Hey so, after work, do you wanna go get some coffee worth drinking?"

"I can't...I'm starting new college classes tonight."

"Really? That's your excuse this time?"

"No it's the truth! I found a community college that takes grants for dirt poor people like me."

"Ugh...why won't you let me take you out on at least one date?"

"Hobi we've been through this before. You know I don't date."

"We don't have to be steady! I can just take you out and spoil you."

"Hoseok."

"Woah, no need to use the real name now."

You give him a playful smile and squirt whipped cream on his nose, his eyes widening in shock as he sits up off the counter.

"Yah! Y/N!"

"Wasn't me!"

························

SHIT!

Now I'm gonna be late to college!

Stupid manager making me stay late and clean as a punishment.

Once again your boots stomp through the mud puddles as you push through the people on the busy street, your shoulder bumping into a random person standing in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Watch where you're going jerk!"

You don't look at the person as you take off down the road, your hand slamming on the crosswalk button.

Come on come on...

If I'm late for this they'll lock me out!

A drop of water hits your nose as you're standing at the crosswalk, your eyes gazing up at the gloomy depressing grey clouds looming over the tall city.

Worst day ever.

(A/N): Welcome to this story lovelies 💜 I hope you all enjoy it 💜

Also its ChloeNewbill 's B-Day today so lets all give her a Happy Birthday wish!!! 💜💜💜💜💜💜