"Cupboard! Now!" Vernon says, his pig face turning a particularly violent shade of pink.

I obey and know that I'm not getting any meals for the day, again. I crouch down and squat into the cupboard, falling onto the 'bed' immediately. I fall asleep after casting a quiet alarm charm to wake me up at 11:58.

Time skip to 11:58 PM

I wake up to the quiet beeping of the alarm I set. Petunia must have cooked dinner tonight; I wasn't awoken earlier. I shrug, not really caring who cooked dinner in my place tonight.

I tenderly place my fingers on my back, and quickly pull away as the pain shoots through my back. My fingers are painted red with my thick blood. Blood that is still soaking through my baggy shirt.

I sigh and cast a tempus charm. 11:59 PM. 10 seconds until my birthday. 5...4...3...2... I count down in my head. Before I get to whisper happy birthday to myself, searing pain projects through my body. I brush it off as my back starting to finally re-heal. The pain gets worse and worse, and moves throughout my body. I black out from the pain, and the most unexpected, yet not unwelcome, person falls on my mind: Draco Malfoy.

DRACO POV

I couldn't sleep at all tonight and I had no clue why until now.

I am in my father's office, preparing to ask him why I couldn't sleep, when a sharp pain runs through me. I fall to the floor, but the pain is gone as soon as it had come to me. Father calls for my mother, and runs over to help me up. The clock strikes midnight right then, and my neko features come out.

"I think Draco's mate just came into his inheritance." My father says sadly.

We all know exactly who my mate is, but we aren't allowed to say his name. Not aloud anyway.

Hadrien and I knew we were mates since we were old enough to know anything. We grew up loving each other, until Albus Dumb-as-a-door took him away from us when he was 5, 9 years ago. His parents, the Dark Lord and my godfather Severus, looked for him everywhere. That is until Severus pretended to resent his mate for it, and started spying on the 'light' side for us. Dumbledor keeps him too busy to look for Hadrien now.

I still remember the day that he was taken from us. We had a sleepover at Malfoy Manor and Hadrien had called me his princess. It was in front of all the Death Eaters, so they said they would call me the Princess of Dark from then on. After Hadrien was taken though, nobody even mentions it. Especially not when Uncle Sev or Uncle Tom are around. Not unless they have a death wish.

An owl scratches on the window of my father's study. I move to open it, seeing the Gringotts seal on the letter she's holding. After letting the owl in, I take the letter from her and mother gives her a few owl treats. I open the letter and read it aloud.

"Draco Malfoy, it has come to our attention that your mate had come into his creature inheritance. A letter has been sent to his residence, as well as his parents'. Please come with your parents to Gringotts Bank to meet him. From Griphook, Head Goblin, Gringotts Wizarding Bank. 7 Diagon Alley." I finish reading the contents of the letter to my parents and look up to see 2 shocked faces, matching my own.

"Hadrien is still alive?" My father is astonished, and he seemed to realize his current facial expression before replacing the infamous Malfoy Mask.