19- A Splashing Saturday with Lucas

"Good Morning, Sunshine." I jolted awake to the sound of Lucas' voice. I groaned as he chuckled. 

"How did you even get in here?" 

"Your servant let me in. I brought you breakfast in bed." I sat up to glance at the breakfast Lucas had prepared. 

"What time is it?"

"Early enough that if I tell you you'll hit me with something." Lucas shrugged handing me a mug of coffee. 

"Considering my maid has orders to wake me at 7, I can tell." I took a sip, holding back a content sigh. "Why are you here at this ungodly hour?" 

"So we can do ungodly things." He smirked. I raised an eyebrow at him and he winked. "Kidding, of course, Milady. I'm here this early because we will have to come back early to get ready for the report." 

"I guess that's fair." In all honesty, I was looking forward to spending the day with Lucas. "I will still need to get dressed." I reminded him gesturing to the night gown. 

"I like this look on you." He teased. "After breakfast I'll give you some time while I get the horses ready. "

"Horses?" I smirked, getting ready to make a quip about the cowboy when a piece of toast breached my lips, effectively shutting me up. 

"It'll be worth it." Lucas assured me.

"Of course, Huckleberry." I took another sip of coffee to wash down the piece of toast before grabbing a strip of bacon. "You know, I'm surprised they let you in here at all. Cameras can't be in here and boys definitely aren't supposed to be." 

"I can be very persuasive." 

"I've noticed." I ignored the smug look on his face as I continued eating. He joined in and I couldn't help but enjoy the domesticity of it. Maybe one day he'd bring breakfast to our marriage bed. "Okay, out. I don't know if you've heard but I have a very important date to get ready for." He laughed as he collected the tray. 

"He is a very lucky man." I rolled my eyes before pushing him out the door. 

After getting dressed I met Lucas at the stables. 

"They told me this one is yours." Lucas handed me the reins. 

"Ginger has been my trusty steed since I was a kid." I confirmed, brushing my fingers through her mane. "I'm impressed she let you put her saddle on. She doesn't even let my mom do that." 

"I have a way with horses." 

"I'd expect nothing less from a cowboy like yourself." I tipped my imaginary hat and he playfully rolled his eyes at me. We mounted the horses and we rode toward a path I hadn't been on since I was younger. 

"Do you ride much?" He asked as we trotted along.

"Not anymore. I try to come out to see Ginger as often as I can but I don't ride as much as I'd like." I confessed. We rode along until we reached a clearing, the sound of rushing water pulling my attention. "Wow." I whispered. Next to the open grass was a waterfall i hadn't seen since I was 12. 

When we stopped, Lucas spread out a blanket. He sat down before tapping the ground beside him. 

"Did you just pat for me to sit down?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"No I just was patting for a better spot for me to sit." He was blushing lightly, the playful smirk not seeming as natural as it had. I sat down next to him, enjoying the way the sun felt on my skin. The sound of the waterfall was calming as we just sat together. 

"This is nice." I breathed out, laying back onto the ground. 

"I'm glad you think so." Lucas laid down beside me. I turned my face to look at him, finding his face mere inches from mine. I could feel his breath ghosting across my lips. 

"There's something I'm dying to do." I spoke quietly, my eyes drifting to his mouth. 

"Yeah? And what's that?" 

"Swim." I jumped to my feet and started kicking off my shoes. I pulled the lace on the back of my dress and loosened it until it pooled around my ankles. Lucas stared up at me in awe while the camera shifted to catch his reaction, rather than the half dressed princess. 

"Yeah, okay." Lucas followed my lead and started to shed his clothes. I felt myself staring as he revealed his chiseled abdomen. "My eyes are up here your Highness." I rolled my eyes before turning to the water and promptly jumping in. Lucas slipped in after me, splashing me in the process. Soon enough we were having a full blown splashing war. Somehow I ended up in his arms with him threatening to dunk me. 

"Don't you dare. That is a royal command." I squealed. 

"I promise I won't drop you." His grip tightened around me and I sighed in relief before i felt the water creeping up my legs. 

"Lucas no!" I tried to get out of his arms but his hold was firm as he crouched bringing both of us under water. I opened my eyes ignoring the sting and found him already staring at me, smirking. I cupped his cheek and brought our lips together. He deepened the kiss for a moment before we needed to go up for air. 

After swimming we laid back on the blanket and enjoyed a picnic he had prepared for us. We talked and laughed for hours until the chaperones informed us that it was time to head back. Laying in the sun had let my undergarments dry enough to put my dress back on. Lucas helped me lace up the back of the dress, his fingers brushing against my skin. I held my hair out of the way and once he finished he placed a soft kiss on the back of my neck. 

We rode the horses back, this time racing to the stables. He made it back first which he happily held over my head as he walked me to my room. 

"Well Ranger Rick, thank you for a wonderful morning. I will see you in a few hours." 

"Until then Milady." He tipped an imaginary hat, mocking my gesture from earlier. I watched him disappear down the hall before slipping into my room.