12-A Cheesy Sunday with Charlie

A light knock on my bedroom door let me know Charlie had arrived. I opened the door and put on my biggest smile. Sure Charlie had been sweet to me but, I didn't want to spend an entire day with him.

"Ready?" He handed me a flower and escorted me out of my door.

"So what are we doing?" I asked as he led me down the hall. 

"I was thinking I would take you to breakfast first." He smiled. I looped my arm through his and we reached the second dining room. The room was usually used for the staff but Charlie had decorated it nicely. He covered the table with a pale pink cloth and two silver domes covered plates of food. 

"So, what's on the menu?" I asked as he pulled out my chair. Charlie was being a perfect gentleman. I almost found it boring. 

"One of my personal favorites from home." He smiled. We both lifted the domes. 

"Souffle?" I asked as I examined my plate.

"Cheese souffle." He clarified. I chuckled lightly. I had eaten it before but it wasn't exactly my favorite. 

"Why cheese souffle?" Most guys were worried about impressing me. The chefs had a list of my favorite dishes ready to go if anyone asked. 

"I wanted you to get to know me. It might be kind of stupid but, if you are even going to consider marrying me, you need to know who I really am." 

"Interesting angle. So marriage to you means cheese souffle?" He shook his head and laughed. I just grinned at him. 

"Not quite."

~~~

After breakfast, we wandered down to the movie room. I was surprised he even knew it existed but I didn't mind watching a movie.  

We sat in the middle and he pulled out snacks. He had already picked out a movie, something black and white from long before we were born. It was cheesy and I was beginning to sense a pattern. 

He yawned and put his arm around me and I let out a groan.

"That was bad," I whispered as he draped his arm over my shoulders.

"Shh movies playing." He was grinning wildly and I laughed at him.

~~~

"What now Cheese souffle?" I grinned at the nickname I had assigned him and he rolled his eyes playfully. 

"Now I'm going to dance with you." 

"Oh are you?" He led me to the ballroom and music similar to that of the film, was blasting through the speakers.

He showed me a couple steps and I followed his lead, letting him twirl me around the floor. 

~~~

After dancing, I was exhausted. Charlie thankfully hadn't planned anything else. We parted ways with a kiss on the cheek. 

The day had been surprisingly pleasant and I was kicking myself for not considering him as more of a contender. He would make a decent husband. 

I fell asleep wondering what my next day would be like.