4-Dry Tears

When the guards returned I was informed that Ms Matthews didn't cry. That meant Josh would have to pick one of the other 19 guys for me to go on a date with.

I wondered who he would pick. If he would be strategic or just select at random. It would be interesting to see how his brain works.

I got dressed and went to wait outside the dining room for my date. I was greeted by Lucas Friar.

"What?" I said purely out of confusion. Why on earth would Josh set me up with his biggest competition?

"I'm not your date sorry Madame. I'm just here to escort you to your table."  I was taken aback. This seemed very unusual.

"Um...okay." He escorted me to a small table set up in the dining room. A candle lit dinner was set up. As Lucas walked away, out came Farkle.

"Hello Lady." He smiled handing me a rose.

"Farkle." I giggled in reply.

"I had the chef prepare a special meal just for the two of us."

"That sounds wonderful." I smiled. "Why did Matthews choose you to be my date tonight?" I asked extremely curiously.

"He thinks I don't have a shot." Farkle stated bluntly.

"Why would he think that?"

"Because you are a fair maiden and I am but a humble Farkle. And I may have told everyone our first meeting wasn't the greatest." I giggled at his reply.

"So you are smart." I stated as the waiter delivers our meals.

"Yes. Very smart."

"Interesting. Well maybe our chemistry can stay our little secret...for now." I smiled winking at him.

"Whatever the lady wants." Farkle was so much fun to be around. He was a complete goofball, in a good way.

We had a nice time full of laughter. Lucas was waiting on us which I still found bizarre.

"Why-" I started my gaze following him out the door.

"He offered to help me out. We've become good friends." Farkle explained. It was nice to know that the boys were all getting along. At least if I was forcing them to vy for my affections they had some other boys to connect with.

"Good. I hope everything works out for you." I smiled as he walked me back to my room.

"Now for a good night kiss." He leaned in but I stuck my hand out to stop him. He proceed to make out with my hand. I was surprised though.

"Not bad Farkle." I laughed.

"One day it will happen where it counts." He winked at me before turning around and going back to his room. I watched him walk by intrigued by the cute weirdo named Farkle.