6-Walk

"What's your deal Mr Babineau?" I asked as we took the "scenic" route back to my room.

"Please call me Zay." He insisted. "And I don't really have a deal."

"You don't seem to be trying as hard as the others. Why? Am I not good enough for you?"

"NO!" He blurted immediately. "Of course not. You are absolutely wonderful. Its just..." He sighed. "There was a girl back home. Her name was Vanessa. She broke my heart not long before I signed up for the selection. Of course I never dreamed i would get chosen."

"And now that you have, do you regret it?"  I asked starting to feel upset.

"Not at all. I know this has been helping my family and spending time with the boys has been surprisingly fun. Also the fact that Im sort of dating a princess helps." He smiled warmly.

"Wise words Mr B- Zay." I corrected myself.

"Thank you Milady." He faked a curtsy and we both laughed.

"Do you want me to choose you in the end?"

"Well a part of me does because you are incredible but I dont know if im cut out for the responsibility of Prince consort or future king." Zay confessed, staring at his feet.

"You would be surprised what passes for royalty these days." I giggled lightly as he joined in.

"Thanks Maya. Even if you don't choose me, I hope we can be friends."

"I would like that." We made it to my bedroom door and I leaned up and pecked his cheek. The gesture startled him but he didn't seem to mind.

"Goodnight Princess."

"Goodnight Isaiah." I watched him walk away before entering my room and falling onto my bed.

So far this selection wasn't that bad.