36. Always (pt 2, Zanvis)

(Hey tigers! Hope these one shots make up for lost time. )

. Day 130:

Zane watched as Garroth and Laurence stumbled over Aphmau. He didn't see what was so special about her. She was loud and tried to become friends with anyone she was beside. Just because she's friends with Garroth though doesn't make her Zane's friend.

The raven sighed, wondering where Travis was. They were meant to meet up after school and go hang out in the park. So far, there was no sign of him.

"Hey Zane!"

Zane groaned softly, hearing Aphmau's voice call him. He didn't have time for her. "What?" His tone a little snappy.

Aphmau didn't look bothered though. "You want to join us for some games? It'll be fun."

"No." He replied flatly. The teen was more interested in waiting for Travis.

"But you're just standing there alone." She became a bit worried.

"I'm fine!" Zane nearly glared. "Just waiting for-"

Suddenly Travis came running over. "Sorry! Dante needed me for something." He panted a little.

Zane lightened up. "Well, glad you could show up."

Travis smiled. "Wouldn't miss it."

Zane glanced back at Aphmau but the girl had gone back to talking to Garroth and Laurence. He sighed gently.

"So you ready?" Travis asked with a kind voice, snapping him out of thought.

Zane nearly blushed, nodding. They started walking to the park together.

. Day 165:

Thinking, Zane walked down the hall of Phoenix Drop High. He was thinking about how Travis had kept his word. He was always there when Zane needed him even if it took him an hour to reach the other. It made Zane's stomach flutter.

He started feeling different around Travis. The white haired boy was kind, gentle, caring, and patient. He always brought a smile to the Ro'meave's face and knew how to make him laugh. Zane felt his face slightly burn as he thought about it, lucky to have his mask cover it.

He could never tell Travis though. What if he ended up hating him? Taking a deep breath, Zane turned a corner only to run into something. Or in this case someone.

"Woah!" Zane knew that voice as the person caught him from falling to the floor. It was Travis.

Zane blushed, feeling Travis's hands holding his arms so he wouldn't fall back on his bottom. He straightened up.

"I-I.. um.." Zane didn't know what to say.

"You alright? I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to run into you." Travis said nervously, holding the other carefully.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine." Zane cleared his throat softly. His heart pounding loudly.

Travis exhale gently. "That's good. Didn't want you to be hurt."

Zane nodded, using a hand to adjust his mask a little. He couldn't help but feel embarrassed right now. Not to mention, it kind of scared him.

Travis glanced at him, feeling it hard to look away. His emerald eyes soft and enchanting. Zane knew he was getting lost as Travis gently let go of his arms. Carefully, he lowered the black haired boy's mask as they leaned closer to each other.

Zane's stomach felt like he swallowed butterflies as his blushed face was revealed. Looking away with a lot of force, he was scared if Travis was about to judge him.

With a panicked breath, Zane ran off. He was fearful of hearing Travis for once, afraid that he'd not like him anymore.

Travis though was in awe. He was left there standing like a struck deer. He felt his face flush a little, remembering Zane's freckles and smooth skin. Running a hand through his hair, Travis could only stand there frozen.

. Day 186:

Zane was leaving the classroom. It had been 3 weeks since Travis had seen him with his mask down. They haven't really spoken since.

He was still afraid of what his friend thought about him. Seeing it was raining outside, he sighed. He'd have to walk through the rain. Not fun.

Bracing for the cold drench, he stepped outside. Zane didn't care about getting soaked. He's walked through the rain before. Though, the other times weren't so bad.

He shivered a little, rubbing his arms. Sighing, he continued walking slowly. Then the rain stopped or at least above him.

Looking up, Zane saw an umbrella above him. He glanced at the owner of it, seeing Travis. His gaze caring yet nervous.

"Hey.." Travis said softly.

"Hi.." Zane slowly replied.

Travis saw him shivering still, wishing he knew how to help. "Why are you walking in the rain? You could get sick."

"I.. I'm not sure.." The flutters came back in Zane's chest. He noticed Travis was the one getting soaked now. "What about you?"

"I'll be fine." He kept Zane safe from the rain, still smiling.

Zane felt himself staring again. Travis was willing to risk his own health for him. He felt his hands shaking a little as he nearly felt guilty.

"We best get walking-.." Travis got cut off as Zane hugged him. The movement was a surprise, causing him to drop the umbrella. "You alright?"

Zane couldn't stop himself, holding onto Travis. "I'm.. I'm sorry for running away.. A few weeks ago."

Travis hugged him back. "It's ok, Zane.. I understand you were just scared.."

"You.. don't hate me right?.. I'm not ugly?.." He asked nervously, glancing up at him.

"Ugly? Zane, with those freckles, you're cuter than a kitten." Travis said with a flushed face.

Zane felt himself blush darkly, glancing down briefly. He lowered his mask slowly, the rain soaked fabric hanging loosely around his neck.

Carefully, Travis reconnected their gaze. Zane's blue eye like winter ice, beautiful to Travis. Without noticing it, they had leaned towards each other again. Travis gently placed a hand on Zane's cheek.

The rain having them soaked as their lips brushed. Their first kiss being in the rain.

. Day 228:

The Ro'meave was sitting on the couch, his pajamas still on. Travis's head in his lap as the sleeping boy hadn't woken up yet. He had spent the night over with Dante at the Ro'meave's house.

Zane was on his phone, caressing Travis's hair softly with a hand as the other scrolled through stuff on his screen. He was bored and was too lazy to turn the tv on.

He heard a whimper, looking to see Travis shifted a little. The white haired boy seemed a little stressed. Zane carefully stroked his head, shushing him gently.

Soon, Travis calmed down. Zane placed a small kiss on his head. "Don't worry.. I'll always be here for you.."