30. Saved from the darkness (Zanvis)

(Requested by TacoCat945, hope it's as good as you were expecting also sorry for taking so long to finally get to it. I've been very busy with school and testing and stuff but I'm not gonna use that as an excuse to you. Enjoy.)

Travis closed the door to his car as he stood on their driveway. He took a deep breath, running a hand through his hair. He wasn't sure how to handle this after being gone for nearly three and a half months.

On one side, he was really really happy to be back after leaving to help his father with some major conflict. He was really looking forward to be able to see Zane again. But on the other side, he was nervous to see how badly his boyfriend would react to his sudden leave since he couldn't tell him anything about where he was going or what he was doing.

"Travis!"

The white haired male looked over to see Aphmau hurrying over to him. Aaron, Dante, and Katelyn followed her but at a calmer pace.

Travis laughed a little as the girl gave him a brief hug. "Hey."

"Where have you've been?" Dante asked.

"Oh.. I had to help out with a major issue my dad needed support with, heh." Travis rubbed his neck softly, hating that he couldn't talk about it when his friend asked.

"Oh ok." Dante smiled anyways.

"Good to see you back around." Katelyn shoved his shoulder lightly.

"Yeah! It's great to be back." Travis chuckled. "Where's Zane?"

The others glanced at each other, their gazes kinda nervous. Aphmau gave him a smileless look.

"Um.. Travis.. Well.." She took a deep breath. "Zane's here.."

"Really? I've really wanted to see him since I started my way back home." Travis watched as she seemed to struggle to stay together.

Aaron placed a hand on her shoulder. "Travis, Zane's been.. Well.. He's really been brought down a little bit after you just disappeared on him, on all of us."

"What do you mean?" Travis put his hands in his jacket pockets.

"Well, he's just been... More sad than the definition of sad." Dante replied.

"It's not just that though.." Aphmau's eyes sparkling with fear, continuing. "Once you left, he.. Thought it was because you didn't like him anymore and that.. That he did something wrong.." Tears forming in her amber eyes.

"What?!" Travis exclaimed.

Katelyn nodded. "He hasn't left your house in days, weeks even. We've tried to talk to him but he always denies our tries and just blames himself. Even Aphmau couldn't pull him out of it even for a second."

"No.. You.. You guys have to be lying." Travis found this hard to take in.

Aphmau gulped down a worried breath, wiping off her cheek. "He's been crying in there, Travis, in the dark.. He refuses to talk to any of us most of the time, even gave up believing in his favorite things.."

"Even Mlh?.." Travis asked softly to her, his worry building up like a storm.

Aphmau started to cry as she nodded yes. Travis's eyes went wide, knowing that Zane wouldn't do that unless it was deadly serious.

"When we've checked on him.." Aaron let Aph cry against his chest, holding his arms around her. "We know he's still taking care of himself.. Sort of.."

"What do you mean by sort of?" Travis narrowed his eyes.