25. Storm (Vylante)

(Trying. Trying.)

There was a clap, and then a flash, and over it would repeat. Sometimes loud, sometimes weak. Sometimes bright, sometimes dim.

The storm has been rumbling outside all night. The later it got, the worst it progressed. Vylad stood in the kitchen listening to it. A cup of hot chocolate in his hands as the cold dark night howled through the clouds.

The brunette had been up during this terrible night. It was 12:51 am, nearly two hours he had been awake.

Normally people would think that Vylad was scared of storms. But they're wrong. Vylad actually loved listening to the sound of rain, and the crashes and flashes of the clouded sky.

He took a small sip from his cup. Wearing his boxers and one of Dante's shirts, Vylad ran a hand through his hair. His elbows rested on the counter, his cup in his hands.

Another loud bang of thunder was heard. Vylad glanced at the window briefly before looking back at his cup. A small sound was heard upstairs.

Not bothered by it, Vylad closed his eyes, taking another sip. The Ro'meave heard another sound, opening his eyes.

As he looked over in the direction of the stairs, something sounded like it hit the wall. Vylad placed his cup down quietly. Slowly he walked towards where the stairs were then stopped.

As he glanced up them confused, a shaken blunette slammed himself into the wall like he lost balance while running. Vylad's eyes widened.

"Dante???"

Dante held his head as he stumbled down the stairs. His feet walking in disharmony. His shirt and shorts looked like they've been in a sleep battle.

"Dante?!?" Vylad became concerned.

Dante gripped his wild hair, taking a few steps forward. His body shaking as he almost fell.

"Dante?!" Vylad hurried over to his boyfriend, putting his arms out to him.

Dante fell into his arms, his own landing around Vylad's shoulders as his head rested against his chest.

"Babe??? D-Dante?!" Vylad carefully adjusted so his knees wouldn't collapse beneath himself from Dante's unconscious like hold.

The said blunette cried softly, not responding to Vylad's call. He weakly stood up sniffling. Vylad watched him, taking hold of his hand.

Dante looked at Vylad with teary eyes. He lifted his hand to rest on the brunette's cheek.

"Dante, you ok???" Vylad almost started to shake himself.

Dante seemed to want to reply but his voice was caught in his throat. His knees gave, almost taking Vylad down with him. Vylad quickly sat on his knees in front of him, making sure Dante didn't pull his hair out.

"We need to get you back to bed.." Vylad said softly, kissing his boyfriend's forehead.

"Not without-t you..." Dante's voice was shaky.

Vylad's never seen him like this before but nodded. "I promise I won't leave your side."

He helped the blunette up. Dante then hugged him tightly making the younger boy squeak lightly in surprise.

"I love you..." Dante mumbled against his shoulder.

Vylad smiled softly. "I love you too, sleepy.."

Vylad helped him back upstairs. Dante refused to let go of the Ro'meave's hand, gripping it when he heard some thunder. His boyfriend sat him gently down on their bed.

"You're ok.." Vylad reassured him as Dante still held his hand.

Dante snuggled up to him, resting his head against Vylad's lower neck and shoulder. He took in his lover's sweet scent. Vylad ran a hand through Dante's hair softly.

Lightning flashed outside. He felt Dante suck in a sharp breath from the thunder that followed.

"Ssshhh.." He whispered in his ear gently.

Dante gulped, nodding. He took a deep breath. Vylad yawned lightly as Dante listened to his calm heartbeat. The shaken up boy now calming down.

Vylad soon heard his quick breathing relax, telling him that Dante was falling asleep. Vylad soon followed after.