43. Finding out (Daniel x Blaze)

(This involves trans people, and trans things. I myself am genderfluid and sometimes wear a binder. Please, if this stuff makes you uncomfortable, leave. Love you all <3 )

Daniel stared at himself in the mirror, seeing the dark material flatten his chest. He let out a breath as he felt so lost in dysphoria right now. It was horrible. The thoughts making him want to pull his hair out. Wasn't flat enough, they'd notice, what if they find out?- His head a raging sea as he couldn't tear his gaze away. He was never one to like his figure. He was never one to like his assigned gender at birth. And as much as his mother would miss having a little girl to watch over, she had accepted the change warmly.

His ears lowered as he could only stare at himself in the mirror. Wearing shorts and the binder, he found himself growing uncomfortable. He didn't want to cause trouble with this. What if one of his friends found out? What if.. What if Blaze found out? His nose starting to sniffle as he hugged himself. Why was this so difficult to live with?

The werewolf slid down to the floor, holding his head like the world was about to explode. He didn't want Blaze to leave. He didn't want Blaze to stop loving him... Daniel felt the tears build as his anxiety took the reins of his emotions. His body was no where near perfect, it was gross. Too flat chested to be a girl and not flat enough to be a boy, he always told himself. It was like a trick he was born with to feel forever sick inside.

It was especially difficult to also be a werewolf while binding. All the fighting and physical interactions that they did would sometimes make Daniel feel heavily winded, and a few rare times with broken ribs. But he just couldn't bare someone seeing him without the tight band.

Heavy tears starting to form as his head spun. His brown hair covering his eyes from his head hanging so low. This wasn't funny, it hurt.. it hurt so bad. Sobs echoing from him as he couldn't hold it in anymore. He couldn't hide this forever. Not if he wanted to stay with his red haired boyfriend. His fingers gripping onto the top of his head as he could only hear his crying. So many times did he want to slam his fist into the mirror but then how would he explain the mess? He was a bad liar.

What would he do?...

----- Blaze's Pov: -----

Sighing, the bi-eyed werewolf was relieved when he reached his and Daniel's apartment. They didn't currently have enough for a house of their own but neither of them minded it. Blaze glanced at the sky briefly as he approached the property. Definitely looked like it may start raining soon, good thing he got back in time. He just had gone out for a bit to handle some business, and even brought back himself and Daniel food.

Blaze unlocked the door, entering the cozy area. He exhaled contently as the familiar smells reached his nose to remind him that he was safe here. "Daniel! I'm back!" He called out so his boyfriend would hear, locking the door back behind him before putting his keys up.

The werewolf hummed as he placed the bag of food into the counter in their kitchen. It was still warm luckily. Happy with himself, Blaze was about to take the food out then noticed that Daniel hadn't come running like he usually did. The little muffin was always willing to give a hug and definitely never gave up the chance of a meal.

"Daniel?" Blaze tried again, carefully waiting for a moment. Something wasn't right. Where was Daniel?

Leaving the food, the red head walked into the main living area to find it abandoned. So he wasn't here then. Blaze turned, feeling fear swirl in his stomach. He forced himself to take a deep breath. Daniel was probably just safe and sound, sleeping in their room. Hopefully.

Blaze made his way down the hallway, his sharp ears picking up the sounds of crying. His eyes widened before hurrying to their room. He pushed open the door to see the brunette boy. "Daniel?!"

Daniel was sitting against the side of the bed, knees pulled to his chest. He gasped loudly, looking up as a pair of heterochoromia eyes looking at him. His own blue eyes clouded with tears. Face puffy and red to the tint. He hadn't heard Blaze come home.

"Daniel? What's wrong?" Blaze went over to the other werewolf, his worry increasing as he saw the form shake and shiver. "What happened?"

Daniel sniffed harshly, turning his head away from his confused partner. This was it.. Blaze would leave him, and he'd be lost and alone. He couldn't bare think about it but it still was there. His ears flattened as he felt a warm hand take hold of his. The contact was soothing..

"I can't help if you don't give me some clue of what's wrong, Daniel.." Blaze rubbed his thumb over Daniel's knuckles, watching his boyfriend use his free hand to wipe away his fresh tears. In that moment, Blaze saw the black material hidden behind the werewolf's knees.

Cautiously, he used his own free hand to trace his fingers across the article. His eyes softened then went wide as his wrist was captured by Daniel's grip. The brunette's chest breathing picking up from the touch.

"Are you.. Is this..." Blaze couldn't get words out as Daniel shattered again. His only response was a teared up nod, knowing what his boyfriend was asking. The blue eyes flinching downwards to avoid any glare he'd receive.

Blaze sat there for a moment. His brain was processing all this at once. So Daniel was transgender... Why hadn't he known sooner? Was he just too stupid to notice Daniel's habits? Daniel. He shook his head, looking at the sobbing boy. "Oh.. Oh, Daniel.."

Daniel felt himself get pulled into the other's lap. His legs around Blaze's waist as he adjusted his head against his shoulder. So Blaze wasn't mad..? Daniel's heart was running wild, gripping onto his boyfriend's shirt as tight as he could. He could feel a hand rubbing his lower back slowly, the other buried into his dusty locks.

"Blaze?.." His voice was so small, afraid. He didn't want to see Blaze's expression about this.

Blaze gave a soft chuckle, making sure to keep everything respectful. He didn't let Daniel go as he didn't want him to be so upset. "Pup, it's ok.. it's ok, I promise. I promise I'm not mad or upset.. I just want you to feel ok."

This caused Daniel to tear up again, holding onto the other even more. He sobbed into Blaze's shirt, his partner's scent easing his head. He was in solace in the red head's arms, he was protected and loved. "I'm sorry.. I never told you.."

"Daniel, it's ok.. As long as you feel like yourself, this is ok." Blaze's hand made small patterns against Daniel's skin. He could feel Daniel's heartbeat slow, relax as they calmed down. "I will always love you, no matter who you are."

Daniel lifted his head up, sniffling as he attempted to face Blaze. Blaze moved his hand from Daniel's hair, gently wiping away the tears that fell. He then sweetly kissed the boy's forehead only to hear a light giggle in return.

"There's my boy.." Blaze smiled warmly as Daniel's gaze grew stunned at the words. He nuzzled against Blaze's hand that moved to his freckled cheek.

"I'm your boy?.." Daniel nervously asked, his tail picking up in hope. He was slowly lighting up again.

Blaze nodded confidently. "You're my boy, pup."

Daniel beamed as their noses brushed. It was nice to see the smaller werewolf smile again. Their lips met briefly, lasting in a short but sweet kiss. It was full of love and acceptance.

As they pulled away, Blaze remembered. "I got us food also."

Daniel's tail wagged the fastest Blaze has ever seen, causing him to chuckle.