30. Back together again.

"Relax, Bella," Kristen chuckled, playfully pulling me on top of him as we nestled on our cozy bed. "I was just kidding. I can sense that you're not quite ready for it," he reassured me.

Curiosity tingled within me as I shyly asked, feeling the warmth of his body enveloping mine. Oh, how I longed for his touch, and being in his arms again felt like pure bliss. "How could you tell?"

A tender smile graced his lips as he whispered softly into my ear, sending delightful shivers down my spine. "I can read your body's language, the subtle resistance against mine. As much as I yearn to unlock the gates of paradise, I'd rather wait until you're ready."

Feeling a rush of emotions, my gaze quickly averted, my cheeks now adorned with a crimson hue. The overwhelming sensations caused butterflies to dance in my stomach, while a nostalgic smile painted my face. His tantalizing words promised that my bad boy would soon ignite a fire within me with his seductive banter.

Summoning my courage, I gingerly lifted myself off him, a hint of hesitation dancing in the air. However, I decided to act upon the wild idea that sprang to my mind. Seated atop Kristen, I leaned in and placed a kiss upon his lips, a gesture of appreciation that replaced the words I almost spoke earlier.

We had only been together for less than a year, yet I was already consumed by love for him. What if he didn't feel the same way?

Kristen held me tightly, his arms enveloping me in a comforting embrace, before he inquired, "So, what are your plans for the rest of the night?"

"Considering it's almost midnight, I was thinking of just going to bed," I replied wearily.

A mischievous twinkle sparkled in his eyes as he suggested, "Or you could lay on top of me and watch a movie until you fall asleep." I gazed at him in awe, a question lingering on my lips, "Will it always be like this, or is it just for tonight?"

Teasingly, I asked, "Were you always this caring?" He chuckled in response, his laughter echoing in the room, "Only with the ones I truly care about," he confessed, his words holding true meaning.

"Bella, I want you to promise me something," he spoke, his voice filled with earnestness. Intrigued, I urged him to continue, "Promise me you won't lie to me again," he pleaded.

Could I uphold that promise? The least I could do was remain honest and true to him. "I won't lie to you anymore, I promise," I reassured him, my words filled with conviction.

"Now, what movie shall we watch?" I inquired, momentarily forgetting my initial choice. Then, a movie I had been longing to see crossed my mind. "Let's watch 'Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark'," I suggested eagerly.

Observing him, I marveled as he searched for the movie I had recommended. With a playful motion, he invited me to join him on the bed, and I happily complied, relishing the prospect of snuggling into his protective embrace.

•°•°•°•°•°•

I blinked rapidly as the sun's rays pierced through the curtains, illuminating the room. A firm grip around my waist reminded me that I was nestled within the arms of the one who had claimed my heart.

Turning my head ever so slightly, I stole a glance at Kristen, peacefully lost in slumber, and a flood of memories from the previous night washed over me, bringing a smile to my face. I leaned in and gently kissed his forehead, causing him to stir.

Attempting to disentangle myself from his grasp, I tugged at his hand, but his hold only tightened, refusing to let me go.

"Princess, if you keep wriggling like that, I might just have to take you," his drowsy, husky voice teased.