25. Heart wrenching moments.

What were the consequences of disobeying Kristen's rules again? Oh, yes, that's right... I would receive a hundred spankings, and now here I was, begging not to be spanked for something I was forbidden from saying to her. How delightful!

Not only was I in trouble, but Scott suffered even more as he ended up with a broken nose. The commotion caused a scene, resulting in us being kicked out of the restaurant.

"You didn't have to hit him that hard," I quickly exclaimed, glaring at the angry boy standing before me, while subconsciously seeking solace in Steff, hoping he would support me.

"You're right, Bella. I shouldn't have hit him," Kristen replied, and Maurice dramatically pretended to faint, shocking the others as they caught him. My anger subsided as I realized that Kristen hadn't opposed what I said, but then again, this was Kristen we were talking about. "I should have broken a couple of his bones instead. That'll teach him to stay the hell away from you," Kristen gritted.

"Now, I don't like repeating myself, so for the last time, what the hell is going on here?" he questioned again.

"I was just telling Anna about..." I interrupted Scott as he tried to explain himself.

"We were just talking about Maria," I lied, speaking in place of his answer. "He wanted to surprise her, so he asked for my help in advance."

Kristen took a moment, glaring at us as if trying to determine if I was telling the truth. A tinge of hurt and pride crossed my face as I realized Kristen didn't trust me enough, but the fact that he knew me well enough to sense that something wasn't right showed his keen interest in understanding me deeply.

"Are you sure that's all, Bella?" he questioned, looking at me intently, and I unconsciously stiffened, almost as if he knew I had lied.

"Yes," I lied again, feeling uneasy as I diverted my gaze to Steff, who was also looking at me intently.

"Come on, I'm taking you home, and I truly hope you'll actually stay there," Kristen said, and I almost scoffed out loud.

I was about to bid Scott goodbye, but the look I received from Steff made me think otherwise.

"Do you have a thing for provoking psychos?" Steff asked, walking up to me.

"What? Of course not."

"That means you're prone to psychopaths then," he said, and I glared at him. "Don't give me those eyes, young lady. Couldn't you have discussed whatever it was at home or over the phone or something?"

"He said he wanted to talk in private."

"Do you realize how many things he could have done to you in private?" My voice trembled with concern.

"Could you please stop making a big fuss out of nothing? It's not like I did anything wrong." I tried to defend myself, but my voice quivered with a mix of frustration and unease.

Steff shook his head, his expression filled with worry. "You're forgetting, Anna, that you're not just with any normal human being but a person who can be unpredictable." His tone was laced with genuine concern for my safety.

"My boyfriend is not unpredictable!" I exclaimed, a mixture of defensiveness and hurt in my voice.

"Whatever you say, Miss 'I'm too naive to even care about anything'," he mockingly replied, his words stinging me.

His utter ignorance and dismissal of my concerns drove me to quickly make my way inside Kristen's car. The car ride home was silent, which brought a strange sense of relief and disappointment at the same time. Thoughts and emotions swirled within me, leaving me feeling unsettled.