"Are you sure?" he asked, putting the magazine away.

When she nodded, he smiled and settled next to her. From the looks of it, he was content to stay where he was.

Now what?

Maybe pretend he wasn't there? As best as she could, Yingyue kept her eyes glued to the group of comedians on TV doing a skit. Yet, despite her efforts to focus, their jokes kept flying over her head. All her senses were attuned to Jihoon. Every time he shifted in his seat, she held her breath. When he reached for his beer and started drinking, her ears picked up every sound. The longer she sat next to him, the more she became a bundle of highly sensitive nerves. Eventually, his slightest movements sparked corresponding tremors in her body. If this went on any longer, she'd cause an earthquake.

"Are you cold?"

She started at his question. "Huh?"

"Are you cold?" he repeated.

Far from it. She was inexplicably warm. So warm. "A--a little, but it's okay."

"Hang on."

Before she could say a word, he was bouncing off the couch and bounding up the stairs. As soon as he disappeared, she took the opportunity to hyperventilate in peace. When she finally managed to recover, Jihoon returned with a comforter in his arms. And... she was back to square one.

"What are you---"

The rest of her words were smothered by the heavy material as it brushed against her face. Worse, a heady masculine scent still clung to the fabric. It transported her back to that morning when she was in his arms. Torture. Pure torture. The more she tried to escape him, the more she got entangled in his web. Was there even a point in fighting?

"There we go," he said, once he was done tucking her in. "Now you won't be cold."

What if she simply gave in?

She dared to meet his eyes. "What about you?"

"What about me?"

If only she had the courage to take a step...

"Aren't you cold, too?"

Jihoon sat and tugged on his sleeves. "I'm fine."

"You can have this. I'll go get mine." When she started peeling the comforter off her body, he held her hands still. Their eyes met again. This time, for a moment longer.

"It's okay," he said when he let go. "You don't have to do that. It's not that cold."

"But---"

"No buts." Taking the edges of the comforter, he pulled it up to her neck. "I'll be fine."

Jihoon ended the discussion by turning back to the TV. While he spent the next few minutes engrossed in the show, Yingyue continued to sneak glances at him. When she saw him shiver, she made up her mind.

"What's up?" he asked.

Without saying a word, she rearranged the comforter and covered him with half of it. Jihoon's mouth dropped open. He stared at her as if she grew another head.

"Yingyue..."

What was he thinking? Had she been too forward?

"Wh--what?"

Grinning, he shook his head. "Nothing."

"Nothing?" Yingyue scanned his face.

"It's..."

Seeing him hesitate, she prompted, "It's...?"

"Thank you for sharing," he said, shifting to get into a more comfortable position.