- Frog! -

a tiny drabble lol
i was bored and i'm currently in love with frogs so
——————————————
"kaito!!" shuuichi yells, excitedly running into the house. he awaits the thumping down the stairs ecstatically. the moment he hears exactly that, his excitement rises. "whats up shuuichi?" kaito asks, a bright smile on his face. curiously, he peeks at shuuichi's clamped together hands. "whatcha got there?" the former detective takes a small but quick step back, "it's a surprise!" he huffs, "close your eyes." reluctantly, he complies and shuts his eyes. the moment he goes to peek, something slimy enters hands, "what the--" his eyes shoot open at the sudden feeling. shuuichi takes a tiny step forward, a smile adorning his face.

"It's...a frog," kaito blinks, poking its back. the moment his finger makes contact with it though, it hops up and lands on kaito's arm and he lets out a surprised yelp, jumping back an inch or two. the shorter boy giggles, while the taller simply lets out an embarrassed huff. "can we keep him?" shuuichi asks, his eyes sparkling. kaito looks down at the frog, then at his boyfriend, and then back to the frog, "well, maybe not this one specifically, but...we could totally get you a frog, hun!" the former astronaut smiles brightly, pumping his fist. shuuichi smiles excitedly, which isn't exactly the most common thing. it makes kaito happy when he's this excited considering the events that went on less than a year ago. kaito plops his hand down on shuuichi's head, getting the boys attention quickly. "love ya, shuuichi." the shorter boy smiles softly, "i love you too, kaito..."