- I Couldn't Help it -

from march 17 of this year
----------------------------------------------------

Shuuichi was sitting in his room all alone. His arms were wrapped around his body. Tears were threatening to fall from his eyes as he stared blankly at his absolutely destroyed room. The detective didn't know how much longer he could handle this. The killing game was taking a toll on him. On his emotions. His mind. He could never think straight. His thoughts were everywhere. Shuuichi was so close to losing it, and it was painfully obvious.

Kaito tried his best to help him but to no avail. Shuuichi was alone. Or at least that's what his mind told him. And then he looked up with wide eyes. He had snapped. The boy slowly unraveled his arms from around his body and stood up. Shuuichi glanced at the clock. It was 3:42 am. Only Kaito would be awake. Only him.

The one he wanted.

He staggered to the kitchen. The detective gripped the handle of a knife. He was really going to do this. But he didn't know what he was doing. He was in an insane haze, and it seemed nothing would get him out of it. Kaito spotted him in the hall. he didn't see what the boy was holding. "Hey, Shuuichi! What're you doing out here so late?" The astronaut approached Shuuichi with a big smile.

He loved that smile so much.

He didn't want to do this.

"I....Im....sorry.....Kaito...." Shuuichi could only say.

"What do you me--" Kaito's breath hitched. He felt a sharp pain in his back. "Sh..Shuuichi..?" The said boy slowly looked up at the astronaut. "I'm.....so.....s-sorry...." Tears were streaming down his face. Shuuichi looked terrified. 'He didn't want to do it' Kaito realized. He only chuckled weakly as he fell to his knees, "Its....okay, Sh...Shuuichi..." He smiled, which seemed to break the other boy's insane haze. His eyes widened. He looked more horrified than ever.

"O....oh g-god..." Shuuichi mumbled. He slowly backed away. 'Finish it.' his mind kept telling him. But the detective wouldn't listen. 'Get him help.' Shuuichi broke into a run as he made his way to the dorms. He was trying to think of who to get. His mind was whirling with thoughts.

He ran to Maki's. The boy desperately banged on the door, screaming the assassins name. "What do you want Shuuichi?" she muttered as she opened the door, "it's 3--" When she saw the look on his face, she knew something was wrong. Something big. "I-I-I co-couldn't control my...myself.....oh g-god..." Shuuichi sobbed, grabbing Maki's wrist and pulling her to the scene.

Kaito looked at the two in surprise and a bit of relief. Maki yelled for Monokuma and the bear took Kaito away. Maki and Shuuichi quickly followed. "Nuh-uh!! Work being done, we aren't letting you in!" Hissed Monophanie as she popped up in front of the clinic door as it closed. "No!! L-Let us in!! Please!! I....I did this....I-I c-cant just--" Shuuichi fell to his knees. "Shuuichi. You need to calm yourself down." Maki said, kneeling at his side. "B-but I-"

"Shuuichi, I know you. You are strong. You just won't acknowledge it. You need to take a breath and think about what you've already gotten through." Maki mumbled, placing a hand on his back. The detective listened to what she said. He thought of what he's already gotten through. The boy took a deep breath, wiped away his tears, and smiled. Shuuichi felt confident.

"Thank you, Maki." He looked at her with his smile. "Your welcome." The boy spotted a small smile tug at her lips. The two suddenly looked up as the door opened and Monokuma walked off. Shuuichi immediately got up and walked in. Kaito was wide awake, looking out the window. "Kaito." Shuuichi said. He felt tears in his eyes. Not yet. Kaito looked towards the door. "There you are." Kaito smiled.

Shuichi couldn't handle his emotions. He ran towards the bed and practically collapsed in Kaito's arms. He felt his tears fall. But he let them. "I-I'm so sorry, Kaito....I-I..." "It's alright, Shuuichi." Shuuichi looked up at the astronaut in surprise. "I forgive you. I know you didn't know what you were doing. You were far to upset to realize what happened until it did." The detective smiled through his tears and chuckled, hugging the other boy.

"I love you, Shuuichi, and that's not going to change, okay?" Kaito said with his big ol smile. Shuuichi nodded and smiled sheepishly, his cheeks dusted pink. The astronaut laughed and kissed him on the forehead. Kaito scooted over a bit. "C'mon, I gotta rest. But I want you here with me." Shuuichi nodded and climbed into the small bed with him. Maki couldn't help but smile from the door. "And they're happy again."