- Drunk -

from june 5 of this year
————————————————-
kaito didn't expect the sight he saw when he found shuuichi and rantarou. "how the hell did he get drunk?!" kaito yelled, glaring at rantarou. "hey, hey, calm yourself. ouma spiked the punch. no one knew until after saihara and yumeno had some" he stated, tightening his grip on shuuichi's arm. the drunk detective attempted to wander off.

kaito sighed and shook his head, "thanks for bringing him to me, amami." he took shuuichis hand. rantarou let go of his arm and nodded, "its no problem momota. i'll see you around." rantarou waved and walked off. kaito shifted his gaze to the drunk detective. "heeheee...hiiii, momo-kuuuunnn..." shuuichi slurred. he let out a wavering giggle and stumbled to kaito's side.

"hi...saihara..." kaito said. he had no idea how he would get the boy home. until an idea came to mind. "cmon, piggy back ride time." shuuichi gasped and quickly made his way behind kaito. he laid his hands on the astronaut's shoulders and hopped onto his back. kaito wheezed at the sudden movement, "you're very lucky you're not very heavy," he said. shuuichi only giggled drunkly.

as kaito carried shuuichi home on his back, the drunk boy let out random slurred sentences and laughs. "hey, kaito," that caught the astronaut by surprise. "wh-what is it, saihara?" shuuichi snickers, "i wuuuuv you, kaito. vewy much...." kaito felt his cheeks heat up. "saihara, you're drunk. stop saying random things."

"but it's serious, kaito. i love you." kaito stopped walking at that moment and dropped the detective. "heeeey, that was sudde—" "w-we're home." kaito stated, keeping his back to the boy. kaito quickly unlocked the door and pushed it open. "let's get you into bed, okay?" kaito said softly, finally turning back to shuuichi.

the detective simply sighed and nodded, wobbling into the house. kaito followed after he closed and locked the door. "heh heh....where's my room again...?" shuuichi yawned softly and stumbled in the direction of the stairs. "i don't think your ready for the challenge of the stairs," kaito chuckled. shuuichi laughed, "hah, you think i caaaaaan't get up the stairs?"

"i'd prefer more if you didn't try in general." the astronaut picked up the detective and threw him over his shoulder. "hey, hey, hey! i can handle staaaairs!!" "i dunno, i don't think you can." kaito made his way up the stairs, making sure to keep the drunk boy over his shoulder. "you can't trust me...?" shuuichi whimpers.

"that's not it. i don't trust the drunk you." the astronaut stated as he gently laid him on the bed and tucked him in. "heehee, you're treating me like a little child~" "go to sleep, saihara." as kaito began to walk off, shuuichi grabbed his sleeve suddenly. "can you stay in hereeee? i wanna see your face when i wake upppp..."

kaito sighed and shook his head, "yeah, yeah, i'll stay in here just for you." shuuichi cheered as the astronaut went to get a chair. when he came back, the drunk shuuichi was already fast asleep, snoring softly. kaito snuck into the room with the chair and sat down. if shuuichi wanted him here when he woke, then he'd wait

——————————-

"mmgh....momota-kun...?" kaito heard as he woke up. he lifted his head to see shuuichi now awake, rubbing his head and looking at kaito. "what....what hap—" "you got drunk." everything seemed to click for him at that moment. "ah...ah god...that's why my head is pounding..." shuuichi groaned, squinting. "you want some water?" "please..."

kaito quickly stood and made his way to the bathroom. he quickly filled a glass of water and brought it back. "here you go." "thank you.....momota..." kaito nodded and rested his elbows on his thighs. "hey..." shuuichi mumbled after a few minutes.

"i remember what i said to you yesterday.." kaito's eyes widened slightly. "you....you do?" "how could i forget....k-kaito...?" shuuichi smiled nervously. "i-i really meant it...ever since i met you, i—" kaito cut him off with a soft, sweet smooch on the lips.

when he pulled away, he saw the completely shocked look on the boys face and chuckled. "i love you too, shuuichi." the detective huffed and hugged the astronaut. kaito laid on the bed and pulled shuuichi on top of himself. "you....you dumbass..."
"i'm the dumbass?"
"...i guess we both are in a way...."
"only because you drank that punch."
"shush, will you?"