- Nightime Snuggles -

from june 4 of this year
———————————————————
shuuichi, maki and kaito were training outside as they always did. except kaito wasn't doing anything as usual.

"h-hey..." shuuichi pants, "no...no fair....can't....i have a b-break...?" kaito looks at his sweat-drenched face and laughs lightheartedly, "yeah, yeah, you can have a break. cmon, makiroll, you too." kaito waves his hand. shuuichi collapses at the astronauts side. maki simply sits next to him and hugs her knees

"you....lazy bum...you didn't do...anything!" shuuichi lightly shoves kaito's shoulder n huffs quietly. kaito smiles, "you two need to care for yourselves more than i do!"

"e-excuse me?" shuuichi tilts his head. "you're both so skinny! shuuichi, you're far too light, and maki, you need more muscle!" kaito says with a laugh. "you...have a cruel way of saying i look practically anorexic." the detective says.

"at least i didn't actually say it. you're the one who made it cruel!" kaito ruffles shuuichi's hair. "no, no! you'll mess it up!" the boy yells, attempting to push away the astronauts hand. maki watches the two goof off silently.

until they begin to calm down. kaito and shuuichi settle down beside each other, and the taller boy begins pointing out stars and constellations and such. shuuichi watches with interest. sleepiness begins to show from the detective as he closes his eyes and only gives a quiet "mhm" at everything kaito says.

"hey now, don't fall asleep on me," kaito says, lightly shoving the boys shoulder. yet he was already out, snoring quietly. maki slowly stands up, "i'll leave you two here." kaito looks at her and smiles, "alright. see you tomorrow."

kaito turns his attention back to the sleeping boy next to him. he sighs softly and runs his hand through this hair. the astronaut feels a wave of sleepiness hit him as he turns himself more towards the detective.

kaito lays his hand on shuuichi's cheek. the said boy slowly wraps his arms around the other, pulling him closer. it takes the astronaut by surprise. yet before he can do anymore, he feels his eyes flutter closed.

——————————————
the next morning, maki decided to go check on the two in the courtyard. when she got there, she saw the two snuggling in the grass. she gives a rare small smile before walking off and leaving them be.